Chapter 9

"Fuck! C'mon!!" Shouted Larry as he kicked the door with every ounce of strength that he had, whilst Jane was screaming hysterically.

The girl strolled towards them. She appeared to be in a trance of some sort. Her eyes wandered in the distance and she began to chant as she got closer to them.

"Chained within enclosed walls.
Tied to the past with no way of breaking loose.
Come midnight, free me from my prison.
Our vengeance is back and blood it thirst.
My brothers and sisters will be avenged"

Jane stopped breathing and shut her eyes as the girl was only a step away from them. One more step and nobody knows what their fate would be. She tightened her grip on her husband's shoulders and said a silent prayer in her heart.

The blood stained girl took another step and just went through Jane and Larry as if they were permeable.

Larry felt frozen to the bone for a split second. He stopped trying to open the door. He had never believed in ghosts or spirits but there was no other logical explanation for what he had just experienced.

He was scared out of his wits but he felt the need to be strong for Jane who was trembling with fear. Her breathing had hitched significantly and she looked as if she would collapse.

"We need to get out of this place now. I-i-i can't stay here anymore."

Larry nodded his head and wrapped his arms around his wife. He let go of her with one hand and attempted opening the door again. This time it opened with no struggle at all.

"Lets go babe. We need to call the others and go back to the hotel".
_____________________________________

Ben tossed and turned in his bed again. No matter how comfortable the pillows and sheets were, he still couldn't get some sleep. Something about the mansion and Martha was just a little off for him.

He turned on his back and faced the ceiling, wide awake. "This is only for one night", he assured himself.

His ears twitched and his senses became alert when he heard some singing. It was a sweet and intoxicating melody coming from a young girls mouth. At first, the sound was faint as if it were from a distance but then it became louder and filled the whole mansion. It was everywhere.

Ben couldn't exactly pinpoint where the singing was coming from. It felt as if it was coming from beside him and faraway at the same time. He was lost in the sound for a moment before he came back to his senses. Fear immediately gripped him. He sat up abruptly and looked at Alex who was still sleeping and completely unaware of what was happening.

Ben cautiously got out of bed and crept to Alex slowly. He was careful not to make a sound because he didn't want whatever was out there to come for them.

"Wake up buddy", he whispered whilst pushing him gently. "Alex! We need to go."

Alex slowly shifted. "What do you want? Can't you just leave me in peace?"

"Alex listen. Can't your hear anything?"

"Hear what Ben?" Alex stopped before he could say more. He heard singing everywhere. He was suddenly gripped with fear. He wore his glasses that were beside the bed and he examined the whole room. "Who is that?" He asked.

"I don't know. All I know is that we ought to leave this place". Ben replied

"We need to find the others. Let me call them right now." Said Alex

_________________________________________

As Scarlet was lying on top of David awake, images began to flash right in front of her. It was like a movie was playing right in front of her eyes. She could see people, but she couldn't see their faces clearly or hear their voices.

A girl was hiding in a cupboard, she was holding on to a little boy. She had covered his mouth with her hands. Tears were streaming down both of their faces. Someone forcefully opened the cupboard. This person was wearing all black and Scarlet couldn't figure out what their gender was. The girl appeared to scream and kick as the boy was being taken away. This person grabbed the boy by the collar and began to drag him whilst he struggled.

They took him into a dark room with a table at the centre, placed him on top of the table and tied him up. The person took a knife and began to slit the boys throat. Scarlet watched in horror as the boy was being mutilated. Every body part was cut carefully and placed into a freezer. The person seemed to derive pleasure from dissecting the little boy.

As if in a dream, the boy appeared beside the bed and stared directly at Scarlet. "Save us please. She is using us. If you don't, it will have to be you". He suddenly vanished and the visions stopped.

Her head began to ache terribly

"Oww!" She exclaimed as she touched her head.

David got up and held her." Is it your head again?"

Scarlet nodded. "Something is going on David. We need to go to the kitchen now. Its urgent."