Chapter 1- A Beautiful Trauma

"It's beautiful!"

The big house which was built on outskirts of the city, Nainital. Zoya looked at it in amusement. It was a two storeyed wooden house. She has always been a lover of wooden houses, watching them in the movies and when she herself got a chance to live in it. She simply couldn't miss it.

Zoya was awestruck to look at the surrounding area around the house. The house was surrounded by thick, green forest, adding to the beauty of the house.

There was a big, wide garden that laid in front of their house. Just the way Zoya liked it. But she wasn't very positive about the forest but there were a few houses at a distance.

Not that she was scared or anything. No, she was actually scared about wild animals that would be living in the forest. But as Aditya said, no animal ever attacked any house in the neighborhood. She felt safe at least.

She smiled wide looking at surrounding. It was peaceful and reminded her of her hometown, Musoorie while her eyes fell on her man standing at some feets away. She smile widen looking at him which later turned to a grin.

She ran to him while he embraced her tiny frame in his arms. "You like it?" He said her patting her hair.

She broke the embrace and looked at him with same grim. She said, "I love it. You know how much I love mountains and greenery around and here it feels so light. Couldn't have had it without you, Thank you. Can't wait anymore." She bit her lower lip in anticipation. He chuckled at her looking at her excitement.

"Aditya, I got the keys!!"

The duo turned around to find Yash with a bunch of keys. Handing it over to Aditya while he said, "Thank you Yash.. ummmm..Zoya, meet Yash. He is the one who helped me get this beautiful house. And Yash, she is my wife, Zoya." They shook hand. Zoya passed him a smile.

"Now, shall we go inside and have a look?" Aditya said clearing his throat before intertwining his hands with her lady's.

•••

The house was welcoming from the main door to the wide hallway. The floor was made out of fine wood, which was an old- fashioned parquet with a blend of deep homely browns. The walls were painted white as per as Zoya's likings. Upon the walls, there were some random photographs.

She looked at it in awe. It was just like her dream house, just the way she wanted. She looked at the wooden staircase leading to the bedroom. She climbed it up with the help of the railings. The second storey was divided narrow like a corridor.

She entered the bedroom which was quite large. The small and a cozy bed was placed in the middle of the room. A small white table laid beside the respective sides of the bed. A night lamp was placed on top.

She was looking at it, admiring it. She moved out of the room. She saw a small room and found there which had no lock on it and was slightly open. She sensed if someone was staring at her. She turned abruptly to look but found nobody. Her heart was thumping hard in her chest.

She stepped forward with trembling hands ready to open it wide. Sweat beads started to form on her hand and her neck. Her body felt cold. Her sixth sense knew something was wrong.

"Zoyaa! Where are you!?"

She gasped as she turned at the voice. She sighed slightly, leaning against the wall covering her face in her palms.

"Zoyaa?!" He shouted again.

"I am coming, Aditya!" She shouted. Wiping the sweat beads on her face. She moved downstairs.