Chapter 2- Everything Alright?

Her breath became thinner. She body trembled and her heart was thumping hard against her chest. She started shivering. Her mind wasn't working. She decided to turn around.

She was shocked to find Aditya standing behind her and it also somehow relieved her. She sighed at the sight.

"Zoya? What are you doing here?" He asked her.

But she was too lost to listen. Her mind was completely occupied by what happened a few minutes before.

"Zoya..I am asking you something." He shook her bringing her out of her dreams.

"Uhh..umm..Nothing..I just..just wanted to have water." She gulped after she said.

"Zoya..Is everything all right? You seem so worried. Is there something which is bothering you." He asked keeping his palms on her arms pulling her closer towards him.

"No..no I am fine Aditya.. It's just that I need some time some..uhh..to adjust." She said not making an eye contact with him.

He nodded at her and said,"Come, let's go to sleep. You seem to be very tired."

She nodded and joined him to bed. She laid down next to him. He patted her back gently and he lulled her to sleep.

He looked at her to find her already sleeping. He smiled at her and kissed her forehead. Pulling the duvet over her, he drifted to sleep.

She opened her eyes and look at him to find him already asleep. Tears welled in her eyes.

"What's happening? Am I hallucinating? I don't know. Maybe it's just that I am tired..with..with all that shifting. I can't figure out. I am just overthinking. I don't know." She thought.

And in no time she too drifted to sleep.
***
It was a sunny Monday afternoon, when Zoya was out for some grocery shopping. She had not been feeling anything wrong with the house. She was glad thinking it only as travel exertion. Thinking of all of this, she was heading towards her residence.

"Hey! Listen, young lady!"

She felt someone calling her and she turned around. "Hey!" She heard again and looked around. Seeking no response she turned again.

She turned back again while she saw a middle age women walking towards her,"You dropped your wallet on your way." Said the lady.

She checked her bag and her wallet was actually missing. The lady handed her the purse.

She was a tall lady with curly hair. Her complexion was quite dark and she must be in her 40's, Zoya assumed.

"Thank you so much. Someone else wouldn't have returned." Zoya said with a smile. "It's tough to have people like you." She again added.

"Well, that's true. Are you new here?" The lady said.

"Yes. How do you know?" She looked at her awe.

"I just assumed." She said.

"You seem to be a astronomer then." She said while the two laughed.

"What's your name child? The lady added.

"I am Zoya...Zoya Hooda." She said with a smile.

"I am Ruby D'souza. Nice to meet you Zoya." She said.

They walked their way to Zoya's house talking about random stuff. And in no time, they reached Zoya's house.

"Here I come. I don't know the time passed so quick. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you." Zoya said.