Chapter 15- All Well That Ends Well

"Zoya, what are doing? Come here, come to me." He said, his voice shaking with fear.

"No...." She nodded her head in a no. "I can't Aditya. She'll kill you. Let me die...please." She cried.

"Zoya, please come here. I beg off."

"Goodbye, Aditya." She inhaled.

"What are you doing?! Come down, this instant!" She nodded her head in a no and he could hear her muffled cries.

She looked at him with her guilty eyes, now sparkling with heavy tears. She has the lose the battle from her heart, she has to, for him. "I can't... please don't make it difficult for me. I have to..." 

Flashback:

Her stumbled upon a hard structure, a short wail escaped her mouth. She lowered her gazes and noticed the book lying near her foot.

Without thinking twice, she picked it up and placed it on the table and turned again making her way but then she stopped, turning back she looked at the page which attracted her attention.

"Yash Arora found dead on 27th December, 2019. According to the reports, he was killed at his residence, House No. 90. The murderers of Mr. Arora are still not found.

When we interrogated his wife. This is what she had to say:

"When I refused to give my life, she killed my husband. Anna Morgan killed by husband. She killed him, that house is haunted and she'll never stop until she finds someone who willingly sacrifices her life because she wants to live and she will never stop! Never!"

"The house was haunted." ,says his wife. Reportedly, Mrs. Arora is currently in the mental asylum.

Her eyes widened at the realization, "We bought the house on 29th December, 2019. Was it Yash's....no!" She gulped hard as tears pricked her eyes.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

"Please, let me go, otherwise she'll kill you. I have to die, please don't make it difficult for me. She needs a soul, Aditya and I'll give her mine. I will always love you, Aditya." Her voice shivering as a chill danced down his spine.

"Have you gone crazy, Zoya? COME DOWN! STOP BEING STUBBORN." He shouted out loud, taking slow steps towards her with his hands spread out.

"Aditya, don't move or else I'll jump." His eyes widened as he gulped hard standing stationery at his position, his breathe hitched.

"Zoya, please try and understand. I beg off you, please come down." A tear tickled down the corner of his eye and he forwarded her a hand while she shook her head in denial, sobbbing quietly, soon turned into low hiccups as her heart melts seeing her man begging her to stay. But she can't....

"I am so sorry, Aditya. She needs me, Aditya, she came for me, she came for us. All that matters for me is you. Nothing else." Fresh tears pooled her eyes and she watched him for one last time as she tried to speak but nothing came out. She tried to hold back her tears but failed miserably. She has to do it....its now or never.

"Good bye, Aditya. And hopefully, we will meet soon as we destined to be together." He nodded his head in no, he could move his feet an inch and he didn't want to lose her. He fell down on his knees, disheartened, shattered. He has never felt so helpless. The excruciating pain in his heart, is undiscribeable. He hid his face deep into his palms, how could he watch her die? No....he can't.

"Please Zoya, please don't go. What would I do without you?" She smiled at him admist her tears, for one last time and she turned herself to the window again. She took a sharp breathe, wiping the wet traces of tears away, she forwarded her foot as she whispered, "I love you, Aditya and I'll always love you."

With a sigh, she closed her lids tight and leaned forwards just when she was pulled behind by a sudden force and she fell back into his arms and the book fell on the ground.

"Why did you do this?" She cried and he cupped her cheeks in his palms, "How could I let you die?" He planted a kiss on her forehead. "Aditya, why don't you understand? She'll kill you and I can't let that happen. I am so sorry. Let me go." She struggled to get out of his embrace but she was too broken that she bursted out crying for the fact that she knew, he is not letting  her die so easily which means she will kill him and she can't let that happen. NEVER.

He got hold of her shoulders as he said, "ZOYA! There has to be another way try and understand for God's sake."

"There is." A female familiar voice caught their attention and they found Aunt Ruby standing on the edge of the huge window with the book pressed against her body. Her left hand travelled to her neck and she clutched onto her pendant. "Now I know, what he meant. He wanted me to live so I could see save you Zoya. He told me that I had a purpose in a life. And I think this is the time. One has to sacrifice." Saying so, she immediately jumped out of the window not giving them enough time to process the whole thing.

Aditya quickly ran towards the window followed by Zoya and he watched from above, lying there in a pool of blood and he sighed out of frustration as Zoya began sobbing with her palm against her mouth. Her muffled cries resonating the room. Tears pricked his eyes and he immediately wipes it off. Embracing his wife, he muffled a quick sorry in her ear while she hid her face in his shirt.

                                         •••

A few months later:

"Sacrifice is the true virtue of life. And the one who sacrifices is next to God. That's what Jesus Christ did for the welfare of human and humanity on Mother Earth, Amen."

The couple sitting beside each other in the church, busy thumb- fighting against each other as Zoya giggled trying to defeat him.

They moved out of the church, their hands intertwined as she admires his women, busy chirping. "See, I am so strong. You can't even win against me. Loser!" She said teasingly, sticking her tongue out and then laughing at him. "Aditya Hooda lost against Zoya Siddiqui. So sad!" She laughed again, making the man chuckle.

"My stupid wife!" He remarked as she kissed his cheek.

                                     THE END.