Chapter 3

⚠️Mature Content⚠️

******

"Tommy are you sure you wanna go out with Haz tonight? I'm not sure you should be drinking right before you leave for war" Y/N said softly as she cuddled into her lovers side. Ever since Tom had been told he was going to fight, the two young lovers had been inseparable. Clinging onto each other like it was the last time...most likely was. All they wanted to do was stay together until they both go their separate ways.

"I'll be fine darling- only going out for a few pints" Thomas stated, kissing Y/N's forehead before getting out of Y/N's bed. He smiled at Y/N as she looked at him with a frown. "Oh come on darling. When I'm back, I promise we'll spend some more time together before I go back home" Tom said smirking. Yes he had plans that night...and they had nothing to do with drinking.

Y/N caught onto Tom's cockiness and immediately knew his plans for later that night. She got up from her bed and slowly walked over to Tom, bitting her lip. Tom saw this small action and also bit his lip. Thomas' gaze moved from Y/N's eyes to her supple lips in a matter of seconds. "Mhm...well who says your gonna get that special treatment Tommy?" Y/N asked with a flirtatious tone. This made Thomas smirk, wrapping his strong arms around her tiny waist. He leaned in and kissed her lips, only for a second though before pulling back. The young girl moaned in response. "Harrison can wait though" Tom said fast as he crashed his lips onto hers. Within seconds their gentle, sweet kiss turned into a harsh, passionate makeout.

"Anyone home?" Thomas asked breaking away from her soft lips. It pained him to though. He craved her touch.

"No. Quinn- is out with some friends and my parents are on their date night" Y/N replied panting. After she spoke, her lips immediately went back to Thomas'. She moaned as his tongue made it's way through her whole mouth, like his tongue had a mission to explore a lost cave.

"We have 20 minutes though" Y/N said as Tom pushed her on the bed. He took his shirt off, revealing is very toned abs. Y/N drooled at the sight of her VERY hot boyfriend. "Like what you see darling?" He said with a chuckle. "I always like what I see" Y/N spoke, licking her lips. "Ok so 20 minutes?" Tom clarified. The girl only nodded, too invested into his very good looking body. "That's enough time" Thomas said as he closed the door, locking it.

******back to present******

"Harrison?!?" Thomas yelled at the sight of his bestfriend. When Tom came to the Y/L/N's, he most definitely didn't expect to see his best mate, getting ready to take the love of his life away from him. Harrison had always been so supportive of Thomas' and Y/N's relationship, and never in a million years, would Harrison dare get in the way of the young lovers. But...not everyone is what they seem.

Harrison's heart was thumbing out of his chest when he saw Tom. Watching as Thomas' facial expressions changed from surprised to anger in a matter of seconds. Harrison opened his mouth, getting ready to explain himself to his best mate, but no words came out. No, that wasn't because he was too scared to speak, but because as soon as his mouth opened, his face was immediately greeted with Tom's fist. The strong taste of metallic blood was the first he noticed, then the pain hit. It would one hundred percent leave a big ass bruise the next day.

"Fuck Tom- did you really have to do that?" Harrison said, bringing his right hand up to his mouth, feeling around where Thomas' fist was, only mer seconds before. "Are you fucking serious?! Why the hell are you proposing to MY girl?!" Tom yelled at the mate. Well...ex mate. "Well-" Harrison started, only for Tom to speak again. "Shut that fucking mouth up Osterfield! I don't wanna hear any shit come out of you!" "Ok well then you won't know why I'm gonna marry Y/N" Harrison said calmly. He knew that yelling back at Tom wouldn't do anything. Tom only groaned in response. "Fine- fine, just tell me why" Tom sighed.

"I'm not proposing to Y/N because I love her. I'm proposing because you were the one to tell me too"

******

"God she was amazing Haz" Tom said with yet another pint of beer in his left hand. "Mhm sounds like she's a real hoot in bed" Harrison replied laughing his head off. They were both extremely drunk at this point.

"I'm worried though mate. You know? For when I leave" The young lover spoke looking down at his drink. "Why? Worried  she'll hook up with others? Like Noah" Harrison said jokingly. Being completely, Harrison Osterfield didn't notice the destress his best mate was in. "No I mean- I want her to be happy and protected...and I won't be around for a while-...it just scares me to leave her. I don't want her getting her hopes up for me to return when I most likely won't" "Why'd you say you won't return?"

"Haven't you heard the stories Harrison? It's brutal out there. Thousands die each day. And not just from being shot- or bombs being thrown at them. Some die from living in those trenches mate. There's sickness and blood and disease infested rats- it's hard. I keep saying "don't worry, I'll be back before you even know it" but deep down. I know there's not chance of me returning to her" Thomas said, tears threatening to come out from his puppy Brown eyes.

Harrison put his drink down, shocked at what came out of his bestfriends mouth. Thomas was always a confident person, never really opened up to anyone except Y/N. "Tom...trust me- you'll come back. I know it" He said, patting Thomas on the back. "I know-...but if I'm not...then j want you to marry Y/N"

Harrison practically spat out his drink. Tom was definitely drunk, but in the moment, he seemed full on serious. 

"Um what?!?" He yelled. "You heard me. If I'm not back after 1 year. You marry Y/N" Tom said, chugging down his last bit of beer.

"Was he serious?" Harrison thought. Haz's mind was racing with different pros and cons of this. Would he really marry Y/N? Maybe Tom will regret it later? Would it be weird if Tom came back 2 years later, only to see him and Y/N married?

After much debate in his mind, Harrison also chugged down the last bit of beer. Smashing the glass down on the wooden countertop, Haz looked at his best mate.

"It's a deal"

******