Getting Adopted Part II

The couple walked by talking to some agents, and when their eyes landed on me and Angel, who was sitting on my lap fast asleep, they stopped instantly. The woman came towards us with a grin on her face.

"Hello, my name is Sophia and this is Liam." She says. "What's your name?"

"Camille."

"What's her name?" she says, pointing at Angel.

"Angelica." I said.

After we got talking, after some tears, after some paperwork, Angel and I were in the backseat of a car and on our way to a hotel.

"Why are we at a hotel?" I ask my new parents as we're checking in.

"Our flight to London is tomorrow." says Mr. Payne.

"I still can't believe I'll be living in London," I say, as Angel and I get put in a room together, "Like Wendy Darling."

"You like Peter Pan?" Mr. Payne asks, taking Angel from my arms and putting her down on the bed.

"Yeah it's the only movie I've ever watched, actually." I say."Plus, I'm like Tinkerbell."

"What do you mean you're like Tinkerbell?" asks Mrs. Payne.

Bracing myself, I say, "Okay, sit down."

As they sit down, I spread my arms and fly over them, and a couple seconds later, Mr. and Mrs. Payne were flying alongside me. Mr. Payne was freaking out, and Mrs. Payne looked like a little giddy kid. I explained that when I fly, the powder that comes out of my body makes anything that it lands on fly.

"Like Pixie Dust," I explained. "I keep a lot of it in this little sack I have around my neck."

After we are done flying for a bit, Mr. and Mrs. Payne go to their room and I lie down next to Angel.

"We have a family," I whisper to the sleeping six-year-old. "We're gonna be okay."