Chapter 29

'I know it's been less than twenty-four hours but I don't know what else to do.' 'Mr. Payne it cannot classify as a missing person if the person willing left in his own car.' The officer says to Liam who is pacing he and Louis' apartment with the phone pressed to his ear. The others are on their feet, intensely watching Liam and hoping that the police can do something about Louis having gone missing.

The four of them woke up the next morning in a panic that Louis had gone against their wishes and left in the middle of the night. What was even worse was that he wasn't answering his phone. They of course expected the worse; that Louis had been in a car accident. 'Have you called the nearest hospital to see if Mr. Tomlinson has been admitted to the hospital?' 'I've called a dozen hospitals with no luck but there's no way for me to know what hospital he might've gotten admitted to.'

'Mr. Payne, I understand you're frightened over your friend's safety but-' 'Please officer he's more than a friend. He's like a brother to me.' 'I'm sorry Mr. Payne, but there's nothing we can do until twenty-four hours have passed.' Liam opens his mouth, about so say something else but he's cut off when the door comes open just then. The four of them look to the door to see Louis hesitantly coming in.

'Louis!' Chase is the first to yell in excitement and the others follow as they hurry over to him. Liam hangs up on the police officer to engulf Louis in a hug, full of relief. Louis hugs back, expecting this type of reaction from Liam. 'I'm okay. I'm okay.' He reassures. Liam pulls away from the smaller boy and immediately pushes at his chest. 'what the hell is the matter with you?!'

Louis isn't even confused at Liam's change in mood. 'I know, I'm sorry.' 'You're sorry?! I've been going mad here!' 'We all have.' Niall adds. 'We thought something horrible happened to you.' Liam continues. 'Why did you leave when we said not to?'

'Because he had to come find me.' They hear another familiar voice say in an amused tone. Louis feels a large smile spread across his face just at the sound or Harry's voice. Harry rounds the corner into the living room looking very happy to see his friends, but very guilty for having worried everyone by leaving.

'Harry!' Zayn says happily and is the first to hug him. 'Where did you go?' He asks once they pull away. 'Not far.' Harry laughs. 'Louis came and found me before I could go anywhere.' Harry grabs Louis' hand immediately making Liam and Zayn's anger disappear. 'You convinced him to come back.' Liam says happily. Louis smiles triumphantly. 'I did. And I'm sorry for leaving without saying anything and worrying you all. I just couldn't do nothing. And I'm glad I defied you guys.'

The four of them laugh slightly. 'How did you get him to come back?' Zayn asks. 'You were pretty angry Hazz.' 'I know.' Harry says softly. 'I was a right moron. I wouldn't listen to what he had so say and I should've.' Louis squeezes his hand. 'You had every right to not listen. I was a prick.' 'How did you get him to come back?' Niall asks in anticipation. Louis looks at them all and smiles. 'I told him the truth. I told him that I wanted to be with him. I told him I wanted to be with him because for longer than I can remember, I've been in love with him.' Louis smiles up at Harry as the four of them gasp slightly, their eyes going wide.

'And I came back because I've been in love with Louis for probably longer than he has.' Harry ads, never looking away from Louis' blue eyes. 'You-You-' Is all Liam can say. 'I-I-' 'I hope there are ends to these sentences.' Louis jokes. 'You're in love. I-I never thought I'd see the day. Louis Tomlinson falls in love.' He pauses for a moment. 'I knew it.' 'What?!' Louis and Harry laugh in outrage meant. 'It all makes sense.' Zayn says, 'Of course you guys have been in love this whole time.'

'Shut up.' Harry says and pulls Louis along toward the living room. 'We didn't even know we loved each other, there's no way you could've.' 'No.' Liam says as they follow the two. 'I think we knew all along.' 'Shut up!' The two says to their friends before retreating to Louis' room, leaving the four of them to practically giggle amongst themselves at how happy they were to have Harry and Louis back. Not only that, they were happy that the two finally realized they've loved each other this whole time.