Chapter 19

Harry sneaks into Liam and Louis' flat a little while later. He needs to wash the blood off his knuckles before Louis sees him. Niall knows what he was going to do but he doesn't know what he'll tell Louis if he sees the blood. He steps in cautiously and hears Niall and Louis in his room. The both of them are laughing over something. A dumb smile finds its way to Harry's face when he hears Louis' laugh. He's been resting the past two days. Harry hasn't even been able to see his cerulean eyes, let alone hear his voice or laugh. He missed it honestly.

Harry goes to the sink and turns on the water to just droplets so the faucet doesn't make any noise. He grabs a tea towel and scrubs the still wet and dried blood off his hands. He's still Harry so he does have some remorse for what he did to Bryan. Harry is a lover, not a fighter unless the situation called for it. And this most certainly called for it. It was all for Louis. 'What did you do?' Harry jumps with a gasp when Niall's whisper come into his ear right behind him.

'Jesus Niall.' He whispers back since Louis' bedroom door is still open. 'Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you like the blood on your knuckles has scared me.' Harry sighs and dries his hands, getting rid of the rest of the blood. 'Just don't worry about it Ni.' 'No, I am going to worry about it. I knew you were going after that prick but shit Harry.' Niall looks to the bloody tea towel. 'Did you kill him?' 'No I just... messed him up a little.' 'I'm glad you found him and gave him what he deserves but it looks like you messed him up more than a little.'

'I know. I know.' Harry runs his hands through his hair. 'I just got so carried away. He was there right in froth of me and I just kept thinking about him putting his hands on Louis. I just got so angry. I couldn't stop myself.' 'Louis has been through a lot of shit. That asshole deserved it.' Harry nods hesitantly. 'Come on. Try not to let it bother you. It was for Louis.'

Harry nods more confidentially now. 'Yeah. It was for Louis.' 'He's been wondering where you've gone to. I'm running out of lies so get in there.' Niall pushes Harry toward Louis' bedroom door making him laugh.

Harry walks the rest of the way by himself and when he goes through the door he smiles fondly at the boy laying on his stomach on his bed with a painting in front of him. Louis looks up and smiles excitedly.

'You're back.' He gets off the bed and hugs Harry tightly. Harry hugs him back around his waist, holding him just as tight. When they pull away they're still smiling at each other. 'where've you been?' Louis doesn't care how he must sound whether it be clingy or desperate. He kind of missed Harry. 'Had to go home for a few things. Decided to shower and shit while I was there too.'

'You could've used our shower.' Louis says as he sits back on the bed. Harry follow suit. 'Yeah I know.' Is all Harry says because he cups the unhurt side of Louis' face to examine his battle wounds. Louis just looks up at him and lets him examine his bruises. 'They look better.' Harry says, trying not to show his discouragement over the painful looking marks. Louis seems to read his mind. 'They don't hurt. My eye isn't really swollen anymore either, just bruised. I'm just a little sore, like I've run a marathon or something. I'm okay don't worry.' Harry snorts, 'I'm always going to worry about you.'

He lowers his hand to look at the hand shaped bruise on Louis' bicep. He doesn't notice the surprised and shocked look on Louis' face. That was a pretty intimate thing to say honestly. Oh what the fuck. Louis doesn't care anymore. They've broken enough of their rules. Harry sighs. He definitely doesn't feel bad for beating the shit out of Bryan anymore. 'Hey.' Louis pats Harry's hand to make him look up. 'I'm okay. I promise.' Harry nods. 'Thank you for helping me. You didn't have to.'

Harry shakes his head. 'You don't have to thank me. I know I didn't have to but I wanted to. I wanted to make sure you're okay.' He smiles at the smaller boy. The two just look at each other in complete fondness before they realize what they're doing and simultaneously clear their throats. 'So erm,' Harry says, 'What were you and Niall laughing at earlier?' 'Oh,' Louis chuckles. 'This.' He turns the painting that's on the bed toward Harry making him snort at it. It's a caricature of the five of them and it's absolutely ridiculous. Their heads are three times the size of their bodies.