Chapter 2: Happy For You

7 years has passed and Eric is laying on the ground drunk his best bud James came to picked him up and has him seated on the chair near them.

“What happened bro? why are you like this?” James asked Eric as he is wiping his face with his clothes.

“huh? What who are you? James? How did you find me here?”

James showed him his phone where there indicate a GPS tracking device and a red dot is seen with Eric’s name on it. “I saw you on my tracking device, saw you in and out of this place for months, what are you doing in this place?” as they were sitting beside a bar a nightclub and all the people coming in and out of the place were staring at them.

“Come on bro, let me take you home! You’re too drunk to drive” James told him and he chuckled “Hah! You don’t even own a car.”

Next Morning inside Eric’s apartment, Eric found himself sleeping on his bed and as he rose up there were lots and lots of garbage across his room. He immediately looks for his pants for his phone and get dressed as well. He heard some noise over the kitchen, when he went over to look he saw James eating while playing on Eric’s laptop.

“Oh hey Brow, Mworning amon let’s ngeat mwekfast, cooked nyu nyam nyeggs” James said as he chews the food on his mouth.

“How’d you? Did you? Oh nevermind!” Eric was puzzled and confused a bit, but sooner later realized of what he did and he said “Thank you man! For always coming to my aid”

“No problem bro, by the way! What is wrong with you? What happened?”

“Nothing happened! Just went to the bar to have some fun” Eric said as he tried to avoid the question and grabbing some bread and eggs.

“come on bro! I know that look tell me what really happened” James closed the laptop and faced Eric.

Eric was shocked and stared at James beard and thick glasses and thinking of what really happened as he reminisced the details of why was he depressed and what has he been doing for the past 2 months.

2 years after their graduation Eric and Nicole went a happy life as a couple, they went to the movies, enjoyed some conversations, make games on their gadgets. Nicole forced her parents after their graduation that she would like to stay here in the country and find her luck on some job. And so she did as a Secretary of a Computer Company and as for Eric his parents own a computer shop for a living so that’s why he stayed there and did the managing and took care of the business. Eric always visited Nicole at her office all the time, every time. During Lunch hours, Break time, closing time and even on her over time. Eric helped her when she’s frustrated at her work and sometimes does the work himself.

This kind of relationship goes on for about three years, one year later Nicole’s boss offered her a high opportunity for her hard work and perseverance, and that is to work over the states. Without hesitation she immediately accepted the offer.  Her boss said that as soon as she’s ready to leave the country, she may do so. The passport and ticket are all set and ready to go. Then she hurried home to deliver the news to her parents and she prepared herself for the things that are needed to bring some paper works, clothes etc.

Later that night, Eric also prepared something else for the both of them, all of his earnings and hard work for keeping the computer shop safe and clean had paid off somehow. Eric planned a dinner date for them with the help of his best bud James they managed to reserve a seat on a most expensive restaurant there is.

While Nicole were packing his things, her phone kept on ringing all through the night, in the morning as she waked up and saw over 100 texts and miss called from Eric. She rushed off to see him.

Nicole went to Eric’s place but he wasn’t there, she went to the computer shop that he manages and also he isn’t there. And then she called James to ask if he knew where Eric went but it seems that James had no Idea of where Eric is, because James was asking about their supposed to be date last night.

Until her phone rang, excited to see if it is Eric who’s calling but unfortunately it is her boss asking on when would she plan to leave. She haven’t told her boss of the details on when she planned to leave for the job and there he was Eric standing behind her overheard the conversation She and her boss were having over the phone.

“Is it true? Nicole?” Eric whispered.

Nicole slowly closed her phone and then turns around and said “I’m so sorry, I forgot to tell you, It was just…” then again even before she finished her sentence. Eric is hugging her so tight. “Eric, I.. err I”

Then Eric gently whispered on her ears “its okey, you can go! I’m so happy for you”