Chapter 6

"Oh.." I began, my throat suddenly feeling exceedingly dry. I swallowed, attempting to get rid of the knot that felt like it was there, but it was almost like it was just stuck there, and swallowing did it no justice whatsoever. "I'm giving him a lift there," I added, following by me realising that I didn't even have my license and that the plan was slowly plummeting south. On the outside, I smiled after the words had escaped my mouth, but on the inside, I was repeatingly punching myself in the face. I knew that Gemma was going to see right through me at this moment in time. "Are you joking me right now?" Gemma responded, her eyebrows raised once again. "Nope," I lied, feeling almost fatigued. "Harry's going to be teaching me how to drive,"I added. "I'm helping him find books at the library, and he's teaching me how to drive. It's a win-win," I continued, adding a charming grin to the end of it, hoping to seem more convincing. A grin broke out of Gemma's face and she nodded her head quickly, resulting in both Harry and I to frown slightly. Only due to the fact that she looked like an utter spastic.

"You guys have seen the light," she smiled, looking between the two of us, her appearance slightly dazed. "You're finally going to be friends!" she practically yelled. I jumped at her sudden raise-of-voice and then nudged Harry towards the exit once more. "Something like that," I said, my voice low. "Okay, cya later!" I said. When I heard Gemma call out after us following my goodbye, I power walked to the front door, Harry following slowly behind me, looking as calm as ever.

I forced the door open, stepping into the cold breeze. I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh air, feeling my almost boiling hot temperature going down. I swear to God, I'm never assisting to create an escape plan with Harry, ever again. All it did was instigate stress.

"Move," Harry's low and dark voice whishpered in my ear, as he placed two fingers in the center of my back, pushing me slightly, leading to me almost stumbling down the front steps.I frowned as I watched him walk towards his car, which looked literally hundreds of thousands of dollars. "Hey!" I called out, catching his attention. He glanced back at me, boredom the only thing I could capture as a facial from the distance between us. "If you're gonna be like that," I added, turning my body at a certain agle so I could grip the handle of the front door. "I could blow up your little plan, right now," I concluded, making my voice seem as daunting and threatening as possible.

Harry's face suddenly dropped, at least, that's what it looked like. He was down the other end of the driveway, so it was kind of hard to detect. He let go of the door handle on the car that he had grasped before and put his hands both up in surrender. "You're right," he spoke up, and I smirked. "I'm sorry." I nodded my head at his apology and happily let go of the door handle, practically skipping in the direction of the car. He followed me around to the passenger side and stepped in front of me, pulling the door open. I pinched his side as I walked around him, causing him to flinch slightly. I grinned cheekily, only inches away from his face as he stood behind the door. "Thanks," I said, my voice low, meerly intimidating. Stepping into the car and sitting down, I glanced up at his face; he was just looking at me, almost like a gaze. It was bizarre. No, it wasn't like a frown or a glare, it was just him, simply glancing at me, almost a look of aspiration in his eyes. Hard to comprehend, then again, actually explaining the vibe.

He closed the door, the sound making me jump lightly. I watched as he made his way around the front of the car, over to the drivers door. He opened it and jumped in; I glanced over, looking at his facial expression. He almost looked lost as he put in the keys and started up the ignition. "What's up?" I simply asked, popping the 'p' on 'up'. "I just can't believe that she actually went with it," he mumbled, backing out of the driveway. "Gemma?" I asked and he nodded. "What? You mean, you think she knows?" I added, feeling my throat go dry again. "No," he stated, his voice a particular tone, almost like he knew something I didn't, which he couldn't. I had been there the whole time, there was no way. "By 'going along with it', I mean her believeing it all," he added, exiting the street. I nodded, even though he wasn't looking at me.