Chapter 1

Writer View .

Kaira a beautiful harding working girl from Landu village . She rises up with the sun start her activities given to get by her stepmother. She does very activity with needity and kindness.
Never has she ever complain about the work given to her.

" Kaira, go and milk the goats, Do you want to starve your sister and I." Shouted her stepmother harshly. 

" But mother, I am cleaning the huts, When am done I will milk the goats." Kaira replied softly as she move her head out of her stepmothers hut that she was cleaning.

"What did I tell you about talking back to me?, You never do anything right, ever complaining about everything. You are just like your useless mother." Her stepmother always bring up her dead mother in every conversation.

Kaira move out of her stepmother's hut to the hut opposite .
She got the small pot quietly and when to milk the goats.

Her father owned cattles, goats and even sheep. The farm was the biggest in the village, with one hundred  cattles, one hundred fifty goats and ninety sheep. All of those it's Kaira that takes care of them.
Her father passed away when she was ten years old, five years after her mother's death. She has been living with her stepmother and her stepsister for seven years now.  For all those seven years she has not rest or had a proper meal.

After milking the goats. She come back to the house . She pour the milk in the bowl and made fire with the woods. The she put the bowl in the fire .

When the milk were ready she move them to another bowl and cover them .

She when and fill a bigger bowl with millet . She pick up the mortal and petal.
She pour the millet in the mortal and pick up the petal and start grinding. 
When she  finished grinding.
She start cooking. Making posho and okra sauce. 
She finished them then put them on each bowl full for her step mother and sister.
She put the remaining on her bowl bearly reaching the middle of the bowl.

As she was washing the her pots and blows she used for cooking her stepsister step out of her hut yearning meaning she just woke up and it's almost lunch time .

" Kaira get for me water " Kawac her step sister commanded.

Kaira bit her lip from replying. 
Because if she did it will end up bad for her. Her stepmother won't give her food for a whole month.

She stood up got a jerry can and when to fetch water .
She got back pour the water in the bucket and talk them to the open hut when is the bathroom.

She did all her activities for the day and all the ordering of her step sister and mother.
It come to night and the clouds were dark with water.

She groan " Another sleepless night " .
As she put her head on the mat. 
A wet liquid touch her chick.
The roof was linking.

She felt like crying. Her body needed rest but she couldn't because of the water that was linking.

She move to the coner of her hut that does not link. She put her head on the wall and cover herself with the skin.
Soon she felt asleep.