Chapter 3

Kaira prov.

I knocked on the first hut. Alot of people were still sleeping since it was still early.

And elderly woman opened the door.
" Good morning my child.  What are you doing outside this ealry in the morning?" She asked me softly

" I am a traveller. I have been travelling the whole night hoping to find a place to rest. This is the first village I have found." I told her.

" Come in my child, you must have had a tiring journey " she cried out concerned.

She is the first person in my in a long time that has show some concern on me.

I enter her hut. It's homely with alot of traditional things inside.
She got me bowl full of milk. I didn't waste a second without drawing it all to my stomach.

" I am heading to the big city, I was hoping I could find someone going there and we share the journey because I dont know the way " I said to the old woman.

" You are lucky. My grandson is going to the big city in the afternoon. I will tell him to take you there safely." I was so happy that I couldn't control my smile. My first actual smile in a while, I even had thought that I forgot how to.

" Thank you so much, How can I ever repay you ?" I said while kneeling down showing her respect. 

" My child, May the gods be with you. As for repayment, Try to take the things that belong to you, don't let anybody always step on you my child. Your kindness is beyond."

" Oh and keep smiling . Don't not let anybody snitch away your happiness".

" Things my get hard in the future. But know how to get backup harder ". She advised. 

She just talk like my father. I couldn't even stop the memories.
I blink away the years that are forcing the way out of my eyes.

" I will  grandma". I promised her.

"Well rest for now. I will wake you up when it reaches time to go. I will now go have a talk with my grandson." She replied.

She give me a mat and a skin to cover a cloth that I have never seen.

I laid down and cover myself with the cloth. And a fell asleep.

"Pappa, How is the big city like? " I asked my father.
" The big city has very tall huts. And lumps that don't go out. It very beautiful I tell you. I will take you there one time". A big smile follow by giggles escaped my mouth has my dad tickle me.

" Pappa, Is mother going to come with us and sister".
" Yes, they will". Now my stay in the big city won't be peaceful anymore . I pouted and close my arms over my chest.

" You won't get a new baby goat if you keep that behaviour up". The word baby goat got me .
I started jumping up and down cheering.
My father starts to laugh with me.