Chapter 2

Kaira prov. 

I woke up in the morning when my neck is paining because of the sleeping position.

I started my day by swamping the compound then milking the goats .
I was in the middle of preparing tea when the elders of our village entered the compound.

I kneel down as a sign of respect
" Good morning elders" I said
After their replies .
I brought out 2 stooles for them to sit on.
The two elders sat.

" where is your mother ?" asked elder Apui.

" she is in her hut, I will go get her for you." I replied

I walk to my stepmom hut and knock on her door which is made out of grass.

" Mother, the elders are here to see you." I inform her.
" I am coming" her short replied she said.

I when and fill a pot with water and got to bowls .
I took them to the elders and fill the bowls with water and come each to them while kneeling.

My stepmother come and request for a stool, more like commanded.
I brought for her one.

As I was going to do my work. My stepmother told me to sit.
I sat down on the ground.

" We are here today to discuss how I want a fourth wife. " Elder Waula replied.

Why would they want me to be round when they are discussing about him getting a wife. I thought

" And I have decided that Kaira would do the honour of being my fourth wife". As soon as elder Waula said that .
My heart sink to my stomach.

" She will do a great honour". Replied my stepmother.

I can't never allow to be married to that witch ,over my dead body.
That cruel man can never be my husband.  His older than my father.
How can my stepmother do this to me .

I was lost in my thoughts that I almost didn't here what my stepmother said.

" You will take her as your bride tomorrow". I wanted to shouted that I don't want to marry him.

But I know my voice of my thoughts were useless.

After they talked about my marriage .
I sat there lost in my thoughts.
After while I come out with a decision 

To escape from home.

During the day as I was doing my chaos, I was always arranging for my escape.
I hide everything I need for my journey. The correct amount of food I had and water.

I decided to go to the big city where one of my closest friend when with her mother after her parents death.

I didn't know the locating, but I will be asking people I meet on the way.

I when to my hut after having dinner.
I packed my clothes which weren't much.
I put everything I need in my skin made bag.
I put my skin made shoes on.

I took my dad's dagger that he gave me when he died. So I can use it as protection on my journey to the big city.

I waited for me stepmother to fall asleep.

After some minutes are lump was out. I move out of my hut queitly until I reach the road that is heading the East.

I followed the road. I was scared of animals popping out of the bush.
I hold my bag closely to my chest and a dagger in my other free hand.

I walked the whole night. As it was reaching morning, I saw smoke on a distance. As I move closer to it, I saw houses.  Maybe I can find people going to the big city. I thought.