Chapter 5 - The Aftermath

Tia's POV

Austin pulled me closer, without me even realising. I looked at my clock, immediately pulling away. "I have 20 minutes to get to Drama, or I get 0 for my first examination! Could we please drive now?! I don't want to be getting into trouble on my first day." Time really flies when you meet a hot guy on the first day of school. "Sure thing Hun, we should do this again sometime. I enjoyed today." I smile and get into his Lamborghini without hesitation. He gets into the driving seat and I get into the passenger seat. He puts the key into the ignition and reverses out of the parking lot. The car ride was quiet and kind of awkward. I was thinking if I should start a conversation but I was already running late for class, I didn't know what to say. "When's your birthday?" Austin breaks the tension between us. "September 13th. And you?" she says sweetly. I reply back in the same tone as hers, cheery and happy. I'm shocked because her birthday is closer to mine than I thought. "September 16th. Looks like you turn 18 3 days before I turn 19. Cute." he says. I see the happiness in his eyes as he speaks to me. "Seeing as your birthday is 3 days before mine, how would you like to spend it with me? Vice versa for me as well, it's completely up to you." That's a pretty big offer he's proposing to me. My birthdays in 7 days, and I've only known Austin for about 5 hours. How do I know if I trust him? Surprisingly enough, I don't know why I'm saying this, but I think I like Austin Mahogany on my first day of college.

Austin's POV

Well, that was unexpected. I didn't expect her to throw herself at me like that, but I can't deny that I didn't like it. I wanted to spend even more time with Tia, as the day was drawing to a close. The car journey back to the dorms was quiet, and I could tell Tia was already getting sleepy. "Tia, would you like to go straight to your dorm instead of Drama? You seem tired, and I don't think you're in a fit state to go to any classes." I said as softly as I could. "No, I'm absolutely fine Austin. Just take me to class." she said, in the sleepiest voice ever. I didn't want her to feel tired, so I refused to take her to class. Luckily for me, she fell asleep just a minute ago. I parked the car into the college parking lot, and took the key out of the ignition. I got out of the car, and went to Tia's side of the car. I opened the door that she was inside, and picked her up so I was holding her in my arms. I couldn't be even happier at the moment. "Where are we going?" Tia says, sleepily. "We're going to my dorm, but don't worry ; everything is going to be okay Hun." I stroked her hair gently and caressed her skin with my index finger. It felt magical and amazing, and I walked up to my dorm and opened the door. I placed Tia gently onto my double bed, and she adjusted automatically to a position that best suited her. She slept like a baby, and I found it adorable. I got a pen and paper from my draw when I realise I had to catch up on my coursework in the study centre, so I wrote a note for Tia and left it on the side, along with her bag and phone.
" I've gone to do some coursework to catch up on some work I've missed. I'll be in the study centre if you need me. Call me if you need me, or the alternative : come and find me. 555-347-120.
Lots of love,
Austin x x
I hope she's okay when I get back. "I really want her to stay safe, so hopefully nothing bad happens while I'm gone. I want to be the one who protects her no matter what." I realise I'm late and leave ASAP. As soon as I step out the door, I see a familiar face moving into the dorm 4 doors away from mine. I find out that the familiar face is Stephanie, my bitchy ex-girlfriend. This is not going to be a good day.