Chapter 7

(This is Lily ⬆️)

It's summer. So we have done searching. Which we shouldn't have been done, we just can't stop searching she's out there. Somewhere.

~Octavia's POV

Daddy said I had to change my name before I went to 1st grade. But I don't wanna change my name. "Okay, Octavia have you decided what your new name is going to be?" My dad said. My Dad is changing his name too for some reason. "But..." I started to say. "No buts, Octavia. If you don't pick it out I will." Daddy replied. I sure miss Mommy.

"No, I'll pick it out." I said to Daddy.

"Okay, have it picked out by tomorrow morning. Got it?" Daddy told me.

"Yes, sir." I said and headed to my room.

We live in a different town, so I'm going to be a new kid at this school. Our last name is going to be 'Johnson'. Daddy said that we had to start over. Sometimes Daddy yells at me. Sometimes he hits me.

I went to bed to go to sleep. I knew what my name was going to be. I wake up it's time for breakfast and I had to tell Daddy what I wanted my name to be. "Daddy, I know what my new name is going to be." I sat down. Ate my toast with butter and drink my orange juice which I made myself.

"What is it?" Daddy asked.

"My name is Josie Payton Johnson." I told Daddy, happily. My Daddy changed his name to Kyle Dean Johnson. His old name used to be 'Eric Keith Taelar' but not anymore. We went to the courthouse and changed our name legally.

My Daddy told me that I have half-sister before I was born. He had made a mistake, she died in accident but he didn't tell me how or why. She was only three. Her name is 'Lily'. She has curly blonde hair from the picture he showed me, he told me to keep it.