chapter 2: Bestfriends and fries

"Selena!" I scream as my annoying best friend steals a fry off my lunch plate, "Too slow, you should've eaten it!" she smirks with a mouth full of my fry. "Oh you bitch" I glare as she swallows the fry and sprints out of the cafeteria, I run after her with many eyes on me. Take a photo, It'll last longer I think as I continue to run.

Just as I reach her she is at a halt and a built and tall body is standing infront of her. Colby "What the fuck?" I look at her curiously and she looks at me with anger in her dark brown eyes "Bella!" Colby cheerfully grins down at me "What?" I say distastfully. "Jeez, you dont have to be so rude" Colby fakes hurt. "Fuck off" I say before pulling Selena along with me.

"What happened before I came?" I asked Selena.

"You know you dont have to be so rude to him" She looks at me and I just stare at her in disbelieve. Is she under some sort of spell? "Its been years and you are still such a bitch to him, maybe if you treated him kindly, he'll come back to the group, isn't that what you want?" She questions me and I just stare.

Is it what I want?

Maybe...

"No, its not" I reply.
"You and I both know thats not true" She says and I just look at the ground. "Do you want him back?" I ask just above a whisper. She has a sad look in her eyes as she nods her head. I sigh "I'll try to be nicer but I doubt it'll get him back to the group"

"You'll be surprised Bella". Selena replies. I dont Believe her but shrug and we walk back to our table in the Cafeteria.

Joel is sick today so its just Selena and I.

Have I been a bitch?

Jeez, Im so naive. Of course I have.

Im such an Asshole.

"Whats wrong?" Selena asks, concerned. I look up at her brown eyes and shrugged "Nothing, just thinking" I replied and she nods, not pushing me to elaborate.

We sit down at our table and I resume eating my fries, but it wasnt long until yet another one was stolen of my plate. "Hey! Selena!" I yelled and whacked her hand away. "shhh, your creating an audience" she muttered. I laughed and gave the nosey people a look that made them continue with there lives. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through instagram "Bella?" Selena gained my attention, "Yeah?" I asked, looking up from my phone "Would if Colby came back to our friend group?" she cautiously asked. I thought for a moment before finalizing my answer "Then we will be friends again, but he wont come back, trust me" I replied and she looked back down to her food, deep in thought.

---------------

"Joel, stop!" Selena giggles as Joel tickled her. "You guys are so immature" I laugh. Joel released a now, bright red, Selena and looked up at me "You can talk" he replied, "No shit sherlok, did you only just realize that in our twelve years of friendship?" I slyly, remark.

BoOm, Shots fired.

Joel shook his head, chuckling. "We should go to a party" Selena recommended and I immediately disagree. "Come on Bella! We never go to parties!" Joel begged me but I wasnt going to budge. "Please, you'll enjoy it." Selena was on her knees and I laugh at the sight before shaking my head "My Mum would never let me and besides, I have a heap of homework" I defend.

"Bullshit, We are in the same classes Bella and I didn't get any homework." Joel shot back and I shrug my shoulders. "And your Mum would be more than happy for you to get out of the house on a friday night. You've been to parties before with her knowledge too." Joel Retort.

"Ugh, fine" I groaned and slumped back on my bed, "who's party is it?" I ask. When my friends didnt answer I straightened up, "Who's is it Selena?" I looked directly at her and she broke contact. "I-I dont know" she stuttered. "Bullshit, its his isnt it?" I questioned, already knowing the answer. "Uhm, Yeah" she slumped. I scowled but then surfaced a smile. "We better get ready then, shouldn't we?" I stood as my two bestfriends stared at me, shocked. "um, yeah."

If I'm gonna have to go to this party, I might as well show off to him so I reach for my red dress that clings to my curves. "Bella.." Selena trails off. "yeah?"
"You never wear that dress cause its 'to slutty' as you said" she gulps. "Well, Im feeling scandelous" I shrug and go into the bathroom to get changed.

Once Im dressed, I look in the mirror and smile at my appearance. I pull out my makeup bag and put on light makeup. Just as I finish my lip gloss, Selena walks in. "You look..hot" she comments and I blush "Thank you".

I walk back into the room and grab my phone, putting it into a little purse and I look in the mirror. I look different, a good different. For once in my life I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and I love it.

Selena walks out of the bathroom with a short blue dress that hugs to her curves, similar to mine. She also has her hair straightened and mascara, Selena doesn't like to wear to much to parties, she says it would "just get everywhere".

"Are you ready to go?" I ask as she puts on her black high heels. "I am, Where's Joel?" she asks and I shrug. Suddenly, the door flies open and Joel is standing at the frame. "How do I look?" he says in a high pitched voice. I giggle and scan his outfit. He has black jeans on and a blue and pink button up shirt. "Not bad" Selena tells him "Not bad?! Thats what I get, a 'Not Bad'?! Not 'Oh Joel your so hot, I wish you weren't gay'!" he complains. Selena and I contain our giggles before walking out of my room and down stairs.

I sit in the front with Joel as driver and Selena in the back. We head off to Colby's house as realization hits me.

I havent been here since the fight.

I do my best to stay relaxed and I formulate a plan of attack.

I can do this

We park in an open parking spot. I look up at the house and its the same as the last time I was here, other than the red cups and rubbish scattered along the ground. Not to mention the couples making out. I step out of the car as the cool air hits my bare skin, but I didn't notice because I never thought I would ever be back here.

I step up onto the curb and begin to walk to the house, Selena right next to me, Joel stays behind. "Are you ready?" Selena asks me. I hesitate for a minute. Am I ready? I ask myself as I look up at the house. Just as I'm about to reply, a new found confidence rushes through me.

"Never been more ready"

Hope your enjoying the book so far. Comments and votes will be much appreciated! ❤