Into the woods

The morning light streamed into Cleo's dorm room through the tiny rectangular window across from her bed. She groaned and pulled her blanket over her head. There was no hope in her falling asleep again so she stretched out and crept out of bed. She pulled on a pink and grey sports bra and matching tights. She then went into the bathrooms to brush her teeth and tie her long hair up into a tight pony tail. Lastly she put on her black converse ready for a morning run.  The corridors were quiet and Cleo suspected that everyone was still hungover from the party yesterday. Cleo thought about flying through one of the large windows that lined the school walls but decided against it incase a stupid human were to see her. She continued walking till she remembered the door in the basement that Roland had told her about.  The door was locked which was weird. Cleo tried using her powerful wings to blow the door open but the gust was not strong enough.  She huffed pushing against it with all her might. The door still did not budge.  "Alright then tough guy" Cleo's ginger tips burst into flames, she aimed them at the door and watched as the wood crackled and burned to the ground. Cleo cringed at the noise and hoped that no one heard it.  She stepped over the door with an evil smile. The woods that surrounded Sword and Cross were beautiful. The trees ranged from tall pines to flowering cherry blossoms. She breathed in the sweet earthy smells that she had never encountered before. She felt filled with happiness. The fallen angels had the perfect life. They lived in the most amazing world. Cleo wished she had fallen with them so she could have explored it throughly. She thought about her father then. He would be so angry with her for leaving but she had to, she was sick of war being all she knew. Cleo started to run she needed to clear her head. The faster she went the better she felt. Her honey brown hair streamed out behind her. The leaves and twigs crunched underneath her feet. Cleo stopped when she reached a clearing filtered by the sunlight. She sat down amongst the colourful flowers and smiled to herself. Alone at last. Cleo had been asked so many questions and shown so many places that it made her head hurt trying to remember it all. She thought about what Daniel had told her and she started to believe him. She could have a good life here.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys ! Sorry for the late update again. Hope everyone enjoyed their festive period :)