Edited.

Once upon a moonlight, in the hazy breeze of cold air, two shattered souls found one another in the most unimaginable way possible. The abandoned park, a place for lost wretches, a home for corrupted souls, served as the rendezvous for the two. It was enchanting and frustrating at the same time for the two of them. All their lives anguish and hatred filled their hearts and it caused them not to digest this unfamiliar feeling that they felt for each other, the only thing that they wanted all their lives. The surreal warmth, the butterflies, the uncontrollable heartbeats, and the inexplicable sensation, it's love that they felt. They both thirst for it but there's just one problem about it. The damage caused by pain and sorrow hinders them to believe in it. Their sufferings broke their trust for everything. They want to feel love, they want to believe that there is happiness, but they can't, they just can't.

They tried their luck, just pure luck, because they're not brave enough to risk, they are terrified to gamble. Days are numbered for them, they spent it together, in the morning sunlight until the break of dawn, they cherished every moment because for once, they felt loved and cared. They felt that they were really meant for each other, that there's a bond that connects the two of them. It's refreshing, it's intoxicating, but there's still doubt and there's still hesitation to continue because they are afraid to be hurt, to be dumped and to be left out in the darkness again. They don't want to be miserable again and despair caused them to end their happiest moments. At the end of the day, they both decided to part ways and see whether they are really meant to be together or it is just a trick played by destiny. They believe that if they are both for each other, they will meet again some other time, in the right place, on the right moment. Little did they know, fate let them meet and be with one another because it's their time, to be happy and end their miserable life after years of suffering. They were really destined to be together at that very moment when they met that night but instead, they chose to unravel the thread made for them by fate. They chose to be broken and never be mended again.

Years had passed after they left one another. It was unfortunate for the two of them. The man was involved in an accident, where he had amnesia and lost his memories. After the accident, he became dull and worthless. He can't do anything, he is hopeless. The women, on the other hand, suffered from a neurological disease that caused her to lose her identity. She can't remember her name, her age, her whereabouts, even the man meant for her. They forgot everything.

For the last time, fate destined them to meet at a street intersection, each of them walking at the opposite sides of the pavement. The moment their eyes met, they both felt something unusual, something that tickles them, but both of them refused to give a damn about it. The disconnected bond wants to unite again, it shouted and screamed its lungs out but it wasn't able to reach their hearts. Their love for each other was too far to be reached, the chance for them closed and the only visible light to it is like a twinkle of a star about a million light years. The little hope inside themselves was not enough to return what's lost. The love that is meant for the two of them was gone, astray and forgotten. It was lost, forever.