20~ James x reader {Lemony}

This story was requested by currentlyvibin

"Alyssa, can you hand me the wrench please..." Y/n asked as she reached her arm out towards Alyssa while concentration on Alyssa's MFE engine they were working on. "Yeah, one sec." Alyssa replied. They were working peacefully, listening to music on the small radio Alyssa had, singing along and having a good time as always.

Alyssa and Y/n were best friends ever since they could remember. They couldn't be separated even if someone tried. They were like the power friendship couple at school and people would sometimes get jealous and try to break them up, but they would always fail.

As they were talking and singing,
Commander Iverson called Y/n's name from below and she spun around to look at him. The grease and sweat on her face and hands made it obvious she was working hard as she always did.

"Yes Sir?" She asked as she stepped of the small ladder. He had a girl with him about her age, who she hadn't seen before.

"This is Kelsey, she is to be trained by Alyssa, I know you don't do well with newbies so go help James, I know he's out somewhere overworking himself." As soon as she heard his name she tensed up. She nodded and placed the wrench on the small table above her.

"I'm on it Sir." She plastered on a smile as she walked away from Alyssa's plane, nervously walking over to James' plane on the far end of the runway. The sun was blazing and this uniform was not helping. She dreaded seeing his plane getting larger as she walked towards it. The butterflies in her stomach..no her entire body were going absolutely nuts. Plus the oil and grease on her face didn't help either. She walked slower and slower as she arrived to his jet.

"Um..Hello?" She spoke out, she didn't see him. She took a few steps closer and he hopped down from the other side of the plane. The only thing she could see was his legs walking around toward her side of the plane. One part of her wanted to run and hide but the other wanted to see his ripped body drenched in sweat and covered in grease marks. Something about him like that made her giddy inside.

"Who is it? If it's you Nadia then I'm not in the mood for another one of your pra...nks-" He caught his words in his throat when he saw Y/n standing there with an awkward smile on her face.

"Alyssa is currently training a new girl and Iverson told me to just come over here and help you out.....or something..." Her voice got increasingly soft as she spoke, her eyes wandered his body. He had taken of the top part of his uniform and tied it around his waist, a white tank underneath. And she was a mess, he was hotter than the freaking sun.

It's not like he wasn't having a hard time either. He was major crushing on her. He liked everything about her, her hair, her height, her voice. Even her awkwardness. Yet, he thought he never had even a slim chance with her. To him, she was way out of his league. And it was the exact same for her.

They were head over heals for each other and didn't even know it...

"Uh yeah, I could use some help...I'm working on the left engine right now and could use a hand." He flashed her that smile that made her legs weak, and made the adrenaline pump through her awkward veins. "Alright..." She said, not knowing what to do with her body. He lead her to the other side, thank god he was already sweaty because being around her made him sweat like a sinner in church.