𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙣 • 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚

Angst~♡
1505 words

Y/N was an 11yr old girl, living in Grace Feild House. She grew a happy life. She loved all her siblings and her mama. But little did she know that behind all this happiness was a great darkness. Truly this life wasn't a fairytale, for what lies behind the tall, dark gates was death. Yes, that is their fate, but she never knew about it. She was happy and felt loved, and for her, that's all that matters.

Putting aside all that darkness, Y/N was in love. With who? With the white-haired genius named Norman. He was her first love. She always admired him, and as the time went by, she fell in love with him. She wasn't as close to him as Emma and Ray were, but she had some small talks with him here and there.

Y/N: Good morning, Norman!
Norman: Good morning, Y/N. Starting the day this jolly?
Y/N: Well of course!
Y/N's mind: I get to see you.
Norman: Well then, I guess we should start preparing for breakfast.
Y/N: Sure!

Y/N would take every single chance to talk with him, and she would cherish every second of their talks. As weeks went by, she noticed the trio always talking, well, at least more than usual. She never got the time to talk with Norman more, which made her a little sad. She always wondered what they were talking about. Was it that important that they needed to talk about it privately? She felt this feeling inside her. It was a weird and uneasy feeling. What was it called again? Jealousy, was it? Yes, that was what she was feeling. She didn't know why. Ever since the start, it was always the three of them. It was always Emma, Norman, and Ray who were together. But why did she suddenly feel that way? Was it because her feeling for Norman developed even more? She wanted to be a part of their conversation, but she could never approach them. Until that one night, she heard them talking.

[Y/N POV]
Emma: So, should we tell Don, Gilda, and Y/N? They'd be old enough to understand.
Ray: It's smart to tell them about it, because we would have more people helping us, but it's also risky. How sure are you that not one of them is the traitor?
Norman: Then we set a trap to see if they are.
Y/N: Tell me what? Traitor? Trap?

They were all surprised when I entered the room. I was now even more curious than I was before. What was this secret? Tell me what? Have more people helping them? I was beyond confused.

Ray: You were eavesdropping?
Y/N: N-no. I happened to be walking across the hall, then I overheard your conversation.
Ray: So you were eavesdropping?
Y/N: I wasn't-
Norman: Ray that's enough. I think we can't hide it from her anymore. Y/N, sit down. We'll tell you something.

Then they told me everything. Everything about this house, about mama, about Grace Feild. How we're shipped out to demons, only to be eaten. We're taken care of to become good quality meat, and satisfy the demons who are hungry for human flesh. I was shocked. I was hurt. I couldn't believe that the mama I grew to know and love was actually a person who sells us out to demons, and only takes care of us for us to be eaten. I was scared, but believed them. The three of them were smart and wise people. It's unlikely of them to lie about such a thing. I quickly agreed to help them. Freedom was their cry, our cry.

We were now near the wall, trying to figure out an escape route. It was a thick and gigantic wall, how were we going to get pass that? As we were inspecting the wall, Ray asked something.

Ray: Emma, why do you want to escape with everyone? Aren't they a riddance?
Emma: I want to escape with everyone, because I don't want anymore of my family to die and get eaten.
Ray: But wouldn't it affect our plan? We'd be 35 people, and some of them are still infants. They're nothing but extra baggage.
Norman: I agree with Emma. Everyone deserves to escape.
Emma: Thank you, Norman.