vii. US

chapter seven,

us.

┠━━━━━━━━━━┦

[unedited] 7.

my hand glided through the different t-shirts and sweaters hung up on a rack, pondering of what darryl would look like in them.

he would look amazing. hell, he could rock a garbage bag if he wanted to. he would made it work.

twelve bucks were hidden in my jean pockets in a ten dollar bill and a toonie. two dollars was how much i stole from my mother's purse after breakfast. if i asked her, she would had given me nothing, which i thought was unfair. she wasn't poor, either. i was. when my father left my mother, he took most of the money, as he was the only one working. my mother got a stable job, while i didn't. 

she had lots of money, money on which she spent on the house and on designer drugs. she wouldn't question why on some days she couldn't find a pill or two, although she should've. it would show she cared more.

what would darryl want? i was seriously the worst at buying gifts for people. thank god i didn't have friends to buy gifts for..

friends that weren't darryl. he made an exception. 

chocolates were 99 cents, so i decided i could get him one or two. i hoped he liked chocolate. to be cautious, i grabbed an aero bar. he can't be allergic to aero bars, right?

"i'm allergic."

"wh—" i hadn't stopped talking yet. it didn't matter to him, "the flowers. i'm allergic."

my confidence fell. "oh ..! well uh.. i guess i'll jus—"

i saw a bracelet that was completely black with a few spike charms, so i grabbed it, and flipped it around. 4.99. perfect. the bracelet would fit darryl's aesthetic perfectly

there was a box filled with pins sat atop of another box — which was filled with clothing. i picked it up and moved it around in my view. he always wore a jean jacket decorated with pins, why not add a few more? on a black colored pin, there was a white rose painted beautifully on the top; it's base had thorns and its body was twirled into a knot. 

the irony made me check the price. 2.99. i'd take it.

deciding that was enough, i brought the three items to the cashier and placed them on the desk in front of him. he scanned the items, his face blank. 

"would you like a bag?" he asked dryly.

i shook my head. "okay, that will be ten dollars and thirteen cents." 

i handed him my crumpled ten bucks plus a toonie, him handing me back one loonie and ninety cents. i began to put it in my pocket, when he handed me another dollar, saying, "i missed this." 

i took the bag into my hands and shoved the loonie in my pocket, "have a nice day." 

"you too." he replied, a small smile on his face. i was satisfied with that.

 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

an;