xv. THE END OF ALL THINGS

chapter fifteen,

the end of all things.

┠━━━━━━━━━━┦

epilogue.

[edited] 15. 

with a terrible annoyance, i rubbed my eyes clear of all the confusion. sitting up and glancing over at my alarm clock, i noticed that it was far into the afternoon. 

my dad was sitting at my desk chair, biting his nails anxiously. i yawned to grab his attention.

"zak.." he whispered, his shaky voice scaring me. "zak —" he breathed heavily, "can you hear me?"

i tried to reply, but i couldn't. my body was in full shock. i was stuck. defying gravity.

"whatever.." he trailed, tears falling down his cheek. "you need to get out of bed, son." 

"please." he pleaded, head in his hands. dad. i'm here. i can hear you.

"the way you have perceived life is.. isn't normal. they're — they're not- real.. the voices, zak. the hallucinations. none of them. it's just us two. just us."

but darryl.. mom.. john.. where were they? i need to find darryl. he only has limited time left. but i was stuck.

"don't break on me." my dad ugly sobbed, walking out of my room. where was he going? why couldn't i respond to life? where was everyone?

my eyes were stuck to the ceiling, but i could still see him in the hall. i'd always recognize darryl.

"darryl.." i sighed, and he just stood there. "darryl.. help me.. please.."

"you said you'd never leave me." he said dryly, his words piercing through my heart. "they all left me. you said you wouldn't."

"i'll never let you go." he stated, and i believed him. i'd believe anything he says.

"i'm sorry." i replied with no passion, my voice starting to grow thin. "i'm sorry, darryl. i'll never leave you."

"you already have."

tears were flooding through the pages. darryl held the book tightly, tears cascading down his cheeks as he handed it to his councilor.

"is this the zak you always talk about? the one that is made up?" she asked, opening the book and flipping through the pages. darryl didn't move. 

"it's okay. i know you've been through a lot." she softly hummed. "that's why we get patients like you to write your imaginations down on paper. it's easier for us to understand."

darryl was numb. numb from the treatment. numb for creating a whole character up in his head. someone that loved him. loved him when no one else would. 

he created the life that he wished he had. before the treatment. before the realization that darryl wasn't okay and needed help. lots of help.

he made someone else go through what he went through, to feel better about himself. zak was the person he made up, and the person he never had.

he wrote it all down when the hallucinations started to wear off. when the medication was working. he made sure to write every bit, he made sure to create zak perfectly.

it wasn't true, it never was.

but why had it felt so real?

»↠ ≈☆≈ ↞«

and it's over<3

to clear any confusion up ,

darryl is the one schizophrenia, but made the 'zak' character up to resemble HIMSELF. whatever voices darryl heard (in the box) he wrote it down as if it was zak hearing them.

zak isn't real , because darryl made him up.

kit's not blue stands for it's not true. 

it was a misunderstanding because in the 'kit's not blue' chapter the voice was coming from afar and "zak" couldn't directly translate what they were saying

thank you all for reading. 

all the love