Chapter 3 - THE STARS

Unfortunately, a number of years prior to Jades break out success. Jade's parents, Mr. & Mrs. Star, were struck and killed simultaneously by a tractor trailer.  It was on their anniversary day after a night out to dinner. They went to their  favorite casino restaurant.  Their deaths fell only three years prior to Jade's Gala. 

The Stars had a  32 yearlong marriage.  Which abruptly ended that tragic night.  The accident was an unforeseen car wreck.  It happened while Mr. and Mrs. Star were headed home from the Vegas style casino restaurant. News reports claim the thicker foggy weather that particular night made the driving conditions dangerous.  The two lovers didn't see the truck coming into their lane and it killed them.

The Police report reads that:
The Stars' SUV  was struck by a white, blue and red mack truck with a decal "Maria De La Ossa De Amador" on it.  The tractor-trailer truck was registered to a Johnny Smith.  The unidentified driver was headed northbound where it met head on with a south bound Lincoln Navigator; at the bridge on interstate 187. Witnesses say the truck swerved into the southbound lane causing the head on collision with Jade's parents in their black Lincoln Navigator.  The collision caused the Lincoln navigator to smash and swerve uncontrollably out of direction.  After a 180° spin  the vehicle tumbled over. After flipping multiple times; it tumbled over the bridge guarding rails.

With nowhere to go but down - the Navigator was pulled by gravity.   Their vehicle plummeted downward, crashing into the trees growing from the terrain below.  The vehicle, and both of Jade's parents [ Mr. star & Mrs. Star, the only two in the Lincoln  vehicle] were impaled by and mounted to the trees' branches.  Ultimately, neither parent survived.  They died at some point during this tragic wreck that night. 

It is further reported by the police and the reacting fire department:
"we were able extinguish the fire quickly.   We were also able to retrieve some items from the wreck.  Finding items from The Lincoln, the tractor-trailer truck and other debris we found in the forest near the crash site. These items once-processed will be returned to the Star's next of kin."
Lastly; "The driver of the tractor trailer  fled the scene with out any evidence leading to an arrest."

The local news included the police report and fire department statements in their broadcast.  Over their news channels  it's reported that "the Star's were outstanding documented immigrants in America.  Immigrants to soon become American citizens.  It's is noted they were only here to live the American dream.   Married for some 30 years, they died while holding one another's hands."

Pictures of the truck, taken after the wreck, showed a decal of a golden orange off whitish eye of providence symbol with two stars, one green one red.  The symbol was on the truck driver's side door.  The words under the triangular eye read "JM".  It was short for "Just Macking". Investigators believed that Just Macking was the name of the trucking company.  It turns out during their investigation that there was no trucking company registered throughout  all of America with the name Just Macking.  Not being able to find a match for the company name drew suspicion by the local PD investigators working the Star's wreck case.
The lead detective, Officer Hubbard, decided to send information or the lack there of about the case and the alleged trucking company "Just making" over to a friend of his in the FBI.   He contacted FBI when Khalid Bynum. When FBI  agent Bynum received the request he was already working drug trafficking cases concerning American freight companies. 

Agent Bynum had seen the 'just masking" decal before.  He recalls it being on a Mack truck that was seized between Nogales Mexico  and Tucson Arizona during a major Crystal meth and cocaine drug seize some time prior.  

Agent Bynum reports to detective Hubbard with the local police
"hey bro, there is a shell company in Delaware registered as an LLC. You won't believe the name."