Chapter 2

"Dazai fucking Osamu, what are you thinking?! You're so insane!" Yosano yells at him so he just nods, torpidly. Dazai wasn't like this before and everyone was left clueless why he acts like this?

His suicide attempts wasn't joke anymore to him so everyone in Agency began watching him furiously. One day, they confiscated the Guide to Suicide book from him but then they found Dazai on the bathroom who's about to hang himself there but then, the young boy named Atsushi stops him before he jumps off the toilet.

Everyone was really scared about it so Atsushi got incharged of taking the responsibility of Dazai's strange acts.

Because he never smile like before.

He never even make jokes.

He never annoys Kunikida.

He never teach Atsushi nor guiding him to the right path.

He never talks lively to everyone.

"You will be discharge from tomorrow. You must drink your medicine three times a day. Don't get tired of everything, okay? If you feel not well, I think I'm going to do my harsh treatment." Yosano winks and smirked but Dazai didn't even smile nor respond.

He just replied a blank, expressionless nod and tucked himself with the thin blanket though it's not enough for him to feel the warmth. He feels so cold and the memory of being crashed into icy water gives him chills. Yosano sighed as she went outside the inflimary to give the young man a space. This case happened many times to Dazai as well as poisoning himself. 

3 days ago, no one knows who saved him from the River. Then Kenji just found him at the lobby of their Building at 12am midnight where almost no body's around. There's just a piece of paper on his abdomen, saying: He attempts suicide at the River. Take care of this bastard. From that day, the strange hero was never been found. Dazai was still in a state of being numb and thinking nothing.
The Agency's forcing him to spill out who saved him but he never utters a single word.

If only Ranpo was here, maybe they can finally find the hero and thank him. But Ranpo has still many cases to solve with the President out of town.

Meanwhile, Dazai's eyes were focused on the window and there's a possible of cloudburst with the overcasted sky. Next day morning, he was finally discharged and got home safely.

The president of ADA gave him 1 week for recovery while Atsushi will be the one who's going take action of his responsibilities in Agency while he's out. Kyouka and Naomi as well visiting her superior on his Apartment daily to check on him. It gives them a relief, knowing that Dazai's just sitting there and not attempting the suicide.

All he did that entire day was to tucked himself to his futon and looked at the window just like what he's doing at the Agency building.

"Dazai-san, Kyouka and I will going home. I think you're alright. We left chicken curry and rice balls on your table. Just eat it for dinner. You can put it on the microwave if you want it for breakfast." Naomi simply said and gave Dazai a smile but as usual, he didn't respond to his comrades so they just sighed.

"Naomi-san, let Dazai-san sleep. He already ate the chazuke from Atsushi earlier. I think he's full." Kyouka reminded as Naomi nods.

"Oh, alright." Naomi looked at her superior who's still sitting on his bed, "Dazai-san, we're taking our leave. Yosano-san will visiting tomorrow so...umm...don't...you know?" she said and sheepishly smile, there's already a sweat dripping on her forehead but then Kyouka pulled her right after before she utters something.

When Dazai heard the door locked, he laid himself down on his bed and then take a slumber.

Until he heard a doorbell but he didn't bother to check it at all. Maybe it's Kyouka and Naomi who forgot something in his apartment. They got another spare key so he won't bother to open it.

The door was finally unlocked

His mind was devasted. He can't even talk. His numbness cause him a lot of sick. He's so distant to everyone. Until his eyes closed and felt so lull after but then, "Shitty Dazai...how could you let someone just enters your door? Well, I have your key. Sorry I stole it from your comrades."

His eyes went open and put his futon away, seeing a petite male in front of his bed. He's wearing his usual outfit. He even flipped his orange locks with long strands on his left shoulder. "I hate seeing you like that, you know?" the petite male said and sat next to his, almost on the edge because if their skin touched, it might cause him to feel some sort of electric friction on his bare skin, "remember this, no matter what I'm here, mackerel."

"You don't need to bother. I'm going to be fine tomorrow." Dazai said in a very rough voice because this is the first time he spoke in the damn whole week of being mute. "And why are you following me?"

"Stalker, maybe? I'm just kidding. I just want to check you. But the other day was a coincidence, huh?" the petite said with a smile plastered on his face. "I don't really like you don't worry."

"You think so, partner." the sick voice of young man was inevitable and it's trembling. He tried to get up and leaned his back on the hard headboard and faced the petite male who's now looking at him intensively.

The redhead didn't speak after that before he could spill that it was all his plan, but the worriness and concern washed all over him as he stared at the other's pale face. He can't admit the fact that he's still falling for him. He want him not to harm himself. He loves him so much that he will defy the entire world.

"Dazai, we're partners before. I know your habits even if 4 years have been passed..."

"I don't know what are you talking about but please stop following me, I don't have time with you."

The patite male was shocked and felt a sting on his heart. He forced a smile as if he's not affected of that. He's strong. Why do he needs to force himself to Dazai again?

"I'll protect and save you no matter what. No matter you harm others,  yourself nor me." He said in a very serious tone and finally walked outside his room.

Dazai smiles for the first time in a while where no one can see it.

___
dont forget to vote if u like this chapter