Chapter 8 "finding the spy or spies"

<(Y/n)' POV>

     "Stop it! I don't wanna doubt my family!" I heard Emma shout while grabbing her head. Luckily the children are all far away from their spot and can't hear her. I walked up to them as Ray started talking. "You have to, Dumbass! Even if you don't want to, you need to be way more suspicious! This is a matter of life and death." When he finished I hugged him from the side, he jumped in surprise. Our height was not that different so I only have to lift my head a little to look at his face, and his face is pure red right now. I let go of him and looked at Emma. "He's right, Emma. I know you love your family but you have to be more suspicious. At times your enemies are the ones closest to you, you should know after learning the truth about Mama." Mama truly love us though, she doesnt want to ship us off to the demons either but she have to, to survive. 

   She seemed to have understand the seriousness of the situation, she started looking around at the other children. I turned and lean on Ray's shoulder, "your looking too far Emma." I whispered, only Ray heard me. I wasn't paying attention to their conversations anymore, I felt someone's eyes on me. I pretended as if I don't notice it. I stood up and excused myself for a while, as I walked off I still feel their eyes on me. I recognised those eyes straight away, it's Mama. I can't let her know I'm helping Ray and the others to escape yet, I grab a cup and filled it with some water, drinking it. After I stalled for enough time to not seem suspicious, I went back to them. "Sorry guys, I went to get water. What were you guys talking about earlier?" When Norman repeated what he said earlier I frozed. "T-t-ten days? Are you serious?!" I whispered shouted. Norman nodded his head, I grab his shoulder and stare straight into his eyes. "Do you have a death wish or something? If you don't want to escape in 2 month, fine. But 10 days?!" I whispered shouted again. "(Y/n) calm down" norman said. My eye twitched, "whatever, do what you want." I let go of him and went back to standing beside Ray. "Let's talk to Don an' Gilda tonight." Emma said. "I swear his gonna make me hurt him with my power." I mumbled soft enough so no one hears me but loud enough that Ray can hear. "I wouldn't stop you, I want to punch him so bad." He mumbled back to me. "All that hard work you did to get Mama under control are gonna be wasted." I mumbled. "Doesn't matter, continue as plan." "Ray, if Norman founds out your a spy, tell him there's another spy. If he founds out I'm a spy first, imma keep your identity a secret." I whispered. He looked at me for a while before nodding.

      ~at night~

     We were following Emma up the stairs. We stopped infront of the door and she said. "You three, follow my lead." "Huh" Ray questioned. I didn't know why but I held his hand in mine before we follow Emma into the library. He didn't move away, instead he held my hand tighter, I felt happy. When we enter, Don and Gilda looked at us four. "What did you wanna talk about?" Don asked us, smiling but Gilda looked worried. Emma proceed to tell Don and Gilda about how our family are being sold off to bad people, Emma didn't tell them about the demons and how they kill all those children though. After she was done explaining Don started laughing, "oh, come on! So what's the punchline? What kind of prank is this?" Emma looked down at her feet, sad. Don stopped smiling and looked at Norman "eh? Your not gonna say it's true, are you?" He asked. "It's true." Ray said. "Huh? Wait! What about Mama, then?" Don asked worriedly. "She's the one... She's the one sellin' us to bad people." Don looked at me. His face morphed into one of anger. 

    "There's no way someone as kind as mama would do something like that! Take it back, (Y/n)!" He grabbed my shoulders, staring down at me as he was the tallest kid here. My grip on Ray's hand tightens, he looked over worried. "Don..." Gilda started but before she could speak, I look straight into Don's eyes. "Listen Don, I was the first kid to arrive here. I have been with Mama the longest, I love Mama as much as you do, maybe even more.   But this is a serious situation, she's selling us to bad guys! You think that's something I'll lie about? No! I know you don't want to believe that she'll do something like that to us but It's the TRUTH!" I shouted, tears pouring out my eyes. I'm not crying because of what she's doing, I'm crying because she doesn't want to do any of this either. She is forced to do this if she wants to live. I want to tell them, tell them everything... but I can't, because Isabella doesn't want them to know this. Don let go of my shoulders, my knees buckled, my hand still holding onto Ray's. He is the reason I haven't break yet, he started patting my back, trying to get me to calm down. Everyone else looked at me surprised, this was the first time they saw me cry.