Chapter 5

AN: Happy New Year Everyone!

Here's a short chapter to celebrate

I'll try updating soon

I unpublished The Mysterious Singer and The Secret Identity because I plan on rewriting them when I finish this book

"My dear niece.. you look so much like your mother.. where is she now?" I didn't know what to say but as soon as she mentioned my mother I broke down in tears.

"My mother died when we were attacked by rouges"

My 'aunt' gasped and rushed to comfort me.

"But that's impossible! She's immortal after all"

I looked at her confused.

"Your mother is daughter of Zeus. She's a goddess sweetie. She's immortal. Normal rouges can't just kill a goddess unless.." Her eyes widened in realization.

"They were hunters. Tell me did anyone see you when you were coming?"

I looked to the waterfall, "There was a hunter I met but I ran away when I'm he was reloading his gun"

She breathed a sigh of relief, "Anyways, let's get you situated. You should start training just in case you run into another hunter."

"But I have to go to school. I already know how to fight. I can't learn what others learn in school in a cave.." I mumbled.

She smiled softly, "Of course.. I understand. You're welcome here whenever you'd like"

I smiled and headed towards the waterfall and waved goodbye before jumping into the water.

~~~

"Hey Brooke" I shouted and ran up to her.

"Hey! Want to hang out after school?" She asked.

"Sure, I don't have any plans" I opened my locker and took out my books.

Brooke stared at the books for a long time before turning back to me, "I don't live alone so it's ok if we stay in my room for most of the time right?"

I nodded as I headed towards homeroom with her.

"Want me to get anything on my way there?"

"No it's fine, here's my address. See you after school!" She smiled and waved before heading off to her homeroom.