chapter 1.) three years following

sunday, july 27th, 2011

petty theft. that's all it was ever meant to be. a minor adrenaline rush to get me through the day. i never would have thought it would spiral into this. i've gone from robbing serve-o's to an uncomfortable chair in an interrogation room, confessing to a chain of murders. i've also found myself robbed blind. before her, i was an introvert  that vowed to never love, however, she had me hook, line, and sinker.
now, she had to witness me be confined for a lifetime. i cannot say I feel guilt in respect of the crimes i've committed, or sympathy for my victims, but there is one I regret.
i'm knocked out of my thoughts abruptly, as the metal interrogation room door swings open.

"mr. clifford, do you understand the severity of your offences? ten counts of murder in the first degree, that'll get you put away for a long time, my friend."

"i'm not your friend, nor have I ever been." i spat back at the investigator.

"look, you have one last chance. if you confess, the courts will go easier on you."

"and you look-" i snarl, before my words were halted. 

"i'd shut your mouth while you're ahead, clifford. someone's here to see you." 

authors note - hi i'm riley