ch. 6 interlude // fingertips

monday, april 14th, 2006 6:41 pm

“you son of a bitch.” ashton cursed, grabbing me by the collar of my jacket and slamming my body, hard, against the cold brick of the nearby building.
luke attempted to step in between us, “what the hell, man?”
“do you know what he did? tell him, clifford. tell him.” ashton wrung his hand around my neck, pounding my head repeatedly against the wall behind me.
“tell him!” he screamed louder, and grasped tighter around my throat, leaving little air for me to breathe.
i managed to choke out a few words in luke’s direction.
“h-he knows.”ashton flicks out a switchblade from the waist pocket of his baggy jeans. “what do you know?”
“i- i shot the kid,” he started,”calum.”
“oh, so you were apart of this, too?” he snickers, anger steaming from each word he spoke.
“michael.” luke mumbles shyly, “you told me we were doing him a favor.”
“i think it’d be best if you went to the car, kid. i’d rather not bust your ass, too.” luke did just as ashton said, keeping his now trembling hands wrapped loosely on either side of his neck, creeping his way in the direction of my vehicle.

“help.” i mouthed to him, unable to breathe at all.
luke shrugged anxiously at me, and mouthed back an, “i don’t know!?”
i cock my head and aim my eyes towards his waistband, where his thin blade sat.

“use it.” i grit my teeth, trying my hardest to hold on, and remain consciousness.

luke rips the knife from his deep black jeans, remaining silent as he approaches ashton and myself.
“just don’t kill him.” i spit out my final remaining words left of me before collapsing to the concrete under my feet. my vision blurs, and a pounding migraine pumps through my head, however, i manage to witness luke’s thin blade glide lightly, so sleek over ashton’s shoulder blade, causing him to join me on the pavement. i was out.
“lay a fucking hand on him again, irwin, and we may just have another problem to solve.”