PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

"Khelsey, Mommy said that we shouldn't run!" My twin sister called from behind.

"Nu-uh! I just skip and I hop and I skip and I hop, skip...hop!" I replied to Kyla, audible enough for her to hear. "Dad is here! Dad is here!" I shouted when I saw a black classy car stopped in front of the Martelli family palazzo.

"Khel don't run, you will tri-" Nicolas, my older brother called.

"Aah!" Before Nicolas could finish his sentence, I tripped. "Ouch!" I cried of pain, the soccer ball I was holding loosed from my grasped when I tumbled on the pavement.

I heard footsteps coming and when it stopped I looked up, I saw the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen. He was looking at me with his warm gray eyes and I felt my cheeks heated up. He crouched and helped me get back on my feet again. I just watched him as he removed the dust from my clothes and when he was finished he looked at me again and smiled.

"Si prega di fare attenzione la prossima volta." The boy said. My eyebrows knitted together, puzzled at what he said.

"Ha?" I asked, he chuckled at my reaction and I pouted in annoyance. Then he laughed out loud and I felt dumb in front of him.

"Signore Michele said that you should be careful next time." My father said when he approached us. My lips formed an 'o' when I looked back at him.

"Thank you for helping me. By the way I am Khelsey Baker and you are?" I asked and reached out my hand for a hand shake.

"Khelsey!" My mother called, mortified at my manner in front of the young Martelli.

But I remained still, waiting for the boy to introduce himself. Instead of shaking hands with me, he reached for my hand and brought it on his lips and kissed the back of it. My blood rushed up my face and for a while I didn't know how will I react.

"I am Michele Luca Martelli." He said.

"Er...I haven't wash my hands yet after I cleaned my dog's poop." I heard several gasped around and the boy animatedly dropped my hand.

A mischievous smile played on my lips. My father, who didn't react, is the only one in our family that can be able to read my thoughts. He shook his head but then smiled when he looked at me. Unable to hold it further, I burst out laughing and they all looked at me like I'd gone crazy.

"I am so sorry Signore Michele forgive my daughter of her crazy antics. She didn't even have a dog to begin with." My father said apologetically at the boy; I heard my older brother chuckled from behind.

"Nice to meet you Michy, do you wanna go play with us?" I asked.

He looked skeptical, maybe thinking I might pull some joke again. He glanced at my father for confirmation and my father smiled then nodded. He looked at me again and I genuinely smiled to show him that I don't have any hidden motives behind my invitation. A smile crept on his face and it gave me the signal to grab his hand and pull him along with me to play with my siblings.

That is how our friendship started, I was eight and he was two years older than me at that time. He was home schooled for a year until he was able to adapt in his surroundings that he finally enrolled into exclusive school. My siblings and I visit him every day after our school and after his lessons but among my siblings, I was his best friend.

The Martelli family, magnate of the Martelli Empire and who my family had been serving for decades has been financing the school fees of the young Bakers. So all of us are studying in the same exclusive school which made Michele and I inseparable but our friendship didn't last long.