Christmas Family Reunion [Part 1]

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

"What do you mean we have to come for Christmas? No, no. We're not staying for Christmas." Taehyung paced back and forth in frustration with his laptop on zoom in front of him. "That's not what we promised."

Taneeya sighed through the video call as her face expressed visible disappointment. "But grandma and grandpa insisted. You know we don't spend much time together as a family."

The older frowned. "Noona, Do I look like I care?"

Taneeya shook her head.  "Of course you don't care.  But maybe Jungkook wants to visit."

Taehyung scoffed.  "Jungkook wants to visit? Who told you that?"

"I want to visit!"  Jungkook shouted from the other room, miraculously able to hear their conversation.

Taehyung sighed, obviously defeated by his sister.  "Fine, fine. We're coming back to stay. But you owe me big time, okay?"

"Alright, alright." Taneeya gave a thumbs-up through zoom, a relieved smile on her face.

"Jungkook, we're going back to my parents' for Christmas!" Taehyung yelled at Jungkook from the other room.

"Sure!" Jungkook's voice shouted back.  "I'll pack my things!"

  "I'll pack my things!"

"Alright..." Taehyung groaned, annoyed.  Not annoyed by Jungkook, but at the fact that he had to stay with his family for a couple more weeks.  That means... their fake lovey-dovey couple personas weren't over yet...  How much longer are they gonna lie to his whole family?

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

By the time Jungkook and Taehyung arrived at his parent's home, it was dark and late.  The two briefly greeted the family members before exhaustedly falling asleep in Taehyung's room.  Again, the two were too tired to bother splitting their sleeping spaces.  So they fell asleep on the same bed once again.

The next morning, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Taneeya arrived in the living room.  The entire place was filled with decorations.  Even the rugs and couches were changed to suit a more warm-y vibe.  What added to the coziness was the family members, who crowded the place.  

Grandma Tana was chatting with Taehyung's mother Tanalyn in the kitchen as they both baked bread and pie.  Well, attempted to bake.  Taehyung's grandma did most of it as his mother followed, learning.  Taehyung's mother didn't like having her hands messy as it seems.

Grandpa Taewon on the other hand was playing catch with little brother, Taesuk.  Although an elder man, it was surprising that Taehyung's grandfather was able to catch and throw the ball at his age.

Meanwhile, Taehyung's father Taeho was watching the news on TV.  The man and Jungkook shared a brief eye contact, to which Jungkook reacted by smiling politely.  Unfortunately, the man's eyes darted back to the TV as if nothing happened.  Wow... at least I know where Taehyung got his cold-ass personality.  Jungkook thought to himself.