22: Amusement

Park Jimin. 

"Let's wrap up for today. We'll have a follow-up meeting by the end of this month." That's how I ended our heavy discussion. Everyone could be seen exhausted. The scene brought me to a sigh.

Everyone stood up as I exited the conference room. My secretary followed me to my office.

"Where are the flowers?" I asked, turning my head a bit in his direction. "It's on my table, sir. Let me get it real quick."

He left as soon as he saw me nodding. After a few minutes, he came back to my office, a bouquet of roses in his hand. He put it on the table, saying, "Have a great weekend, sir." He flashed a small smile and I nodded a little, acknowledging him. I soon went to my car and started driving off, taking the bouquet and a few documents with me.

My mood instantly sank when I remembered my wife. We barely spent time together because I always come home late. Just thinking of what she could have felt all these times was enough to make me feel guilty.

I snapped out of my daze when an idea popped into my mind. "Right. Jungkook."

Just after a few rings, the other line picked up my call. "Oh, Hyung! What's up?" I heard Jungkook's cheerful voice from the other line.

"Advance happy birthday, Jungkook."

"Thanks," he quickly replied.

I continued with, "Do you have plans for tomorrow?"

A short pause occurred before Jungkook responded with a short answer. "Ah, none. Why?"

"Do you want to come to my place? You can bring Yoongi and Taehyung too," I offered and an immediate, positive answer came back to me.

"See you tomorrow then."

"See you," Jungkook said then I ended the call. Just at the right time, I finally arrived home.

Exhaling out a warm breath, I tried to calm myself. I looked at the mirror in my car and checked if I looked alright. After spraying a bit of my perfume, a satisfied smile drew upon my face.

I reached for the bouquet at the backseat and then went to our room. I found Jihye staring outside the big glass windows, her back was facing me.

Walking up to her, I made sure my steps were so light so I could surprise her. I placed the bouquet in front of her, my body staying behind her. Jihye turned to me, her surprised feature displaying.

"Jimin, you're home early." She smiled widely, hugging me. I embraced her tightly, caressing her hair. Not too long after, she suddenly backed away. "That smell..." She covered her nose. A puzzled look crossed on my face upon seeing her expression.

"Honey-" Before I could ask her what's wrong, she ran to the bathroom. When I decided to check on her, it turned out that the door was locked.

"Honey? Jihye, what's wrong? Open this door," I pleaded. There were no words that responded to me but only sounds of her throwing up. "Jihye, open this door, please." For the second time, I received no response so I made my way to our nightstand and quickly searched for the key for the bathroom. It didn't take too long as I found it immediately.

'What the hell was wrong? Was it because of what she smelled to me earlier? It's strange. I'm wearing her favorite perfume she bought me.'

I unlocked the door and saw Jihye washing her face on the sink. I grabbed a towel and wiped her face gently. She was pale and sweaty. I cupped her face. "What's wrong? Are you sick?"

She moved away from me, showing out a forced, small smile. "No, I'm okay. I promise I'm not sick."