Part one: Hey, who are you?

Cole's POV

I've never really had any interest in Kai or Jay. To be honest they're both too busy either falling over each other or trying to become a better ninja, so it's not like I could.

And plus, why would I? Kai is pretty narcissistic and ambitious, I mean, he says he's the best out of all three of us but I beg to differ. And Jay's just, well the comic relief of the group. He's okay, but he never stops talking, I doubt I'd be able to stand it for very long. The only person I've been close to in our group was Nya, but that's passed by now.... since she.. well, I couldn't if I wanted to.

Up until now, I've never seen any interest in falling in love. Of course at some point it was pretty inevitable that would change without me fully realizing it. I just never really expected who or what it would be that would push me over the edge and turn my legs to jelly. And of all things, I didn't expect it to be him.

"So what did Sensei say about why we're going to Ninjago city?" I questioned, looking over at Jay who looked half asleep on Wisp. He jolted up, nearly toppling off of his dragon's back who snorted in annoyance and Jay's clumsy behavior.

"Huh? What? Oh, some group of venomari terrorizing people." Jay replied with a yawn, leaning back. "Probably won't be too hard to take care of."

"Race ya there!" Kai laughed. Flame dipped down, vanishing into the clouds. Jay yelled something back and took off after him, vanishing as well. I rolled my eyes and pat the side of Rocky's head.

"We don't want them to win, now do we?" Rocky immediately ducked after them, exploding out of the clouds and revealing the large bundle of roads and buildings of Ninjago City. Kai and Jay had a lead and were already nearly to the ground. Even though I knew they were going to beat me and Rocky, it was still fun.

When Rocky landed beside the other two, Kai and Jay were bickering about who won. Sighing, I walked over and pushed them apart. "Come on, you can figure this out later." I glanced over my shoulder at them as I walked towards the edge of the building we had landed on, placing both hands on the silver cool railing. Kai and Jay finally stopped bickering and followed over.

"It's oddly quiet." Kai murmured, looking around.

"Yeah you'd think if there were a bunch of venomari messing around there'd be a decent amount of commotion. And considering how hot out it is." Jay replied simply, walking to the other side of the rooftop and falling silent once again.

"You think it was just a false alarm?" Kai asked, looking over at me. Frowning slightly, I stood up, staring past the outlines of the buildings into the distance, before turning towards the dragons. "Probably." I muttered.

My gaze fixated on Jay who was standing still and staring downwards to the street far below. Kai was still looking over the edge on this side. Confused, I walked over to Jay. "What's up?" When he didn't reply, I looked over the edge.

And there he stood. A figure hidden with gray and white robes. Carrying two shurikens that caught the glint of the blistering sun. But what was really off was that he was standing crouched on a pure sheet of ice.

"Who is he?" I asked, looking over at Jay who shrugged carelessly, gaze locked. Taking my eyes off of Jay, I looked back down. The figure was still, seemingly doing nothing. Leaning over the edge of the sleek railing, I noticed the snakes. A group of five or six, defiantly venomari by the looks of things.

By now Kai had walked over and peered over as well. "He's going to get destroyed! Come on, we gotta go down there!" Kai turned and started in a dash towards the nearest side of the rooftop with the easiest point to jump from and hopefully survive.

"Wait Kai!" Jay yelled after him. Just about to leap off the edge, Kai stopped, catching himself on the railing. He looked over at Jay and I, wearing an impatient expression.

"He's fine. Come over here." Jay said simply. Kai let out an audible sigh and trudged over to us, peering over the edge once again.

Now the figure was fighting the snakes below. Carelessly and if he had been doing it for years on end.

"Watch out!" Kai yelled over the edge. A venomari had snuck up behind the figure, somehow. Unknowing, the robed figure below didn't move, eyes locked on the others in front of him. But when the snake tried to sink it's teeth into the figure's shoulder, it shrunk back, stepping away.

"He's okay?" Kai questioned. "Unless those robes are super thin and he's got armor underneath, how's he not turning?" The figure went on fighting just fine, graceful and carefree. While the snakes tripped and stumbled on the ice, he seemed to cross it with ease, not having any trouble. Some showoff.

And within a few minutes, the snakes were retreating to a sewer hatch in the street, leaving just the figure. The ice slowly melted into shallow puddles on the ground and the figure vanished, walking off.

"Ok, are we going to talk about whatever just happened?!" Jay exclaimed, spinning to face me and Kai. I shrugged, standing upright away from the railing. "Beats me. He was pretty skilled at fighting though."

"Almost as good as you Cole, which is, well, mediocre." Kai teased from beside me. Growling, I elbowed him in the side, sighing.

"Well, at least now we don't have to deal with the snakes." I commented, glancing down briefly.

"Aww, I wanted to kick some snake butt." Kai complained, walking back over to the three dragons.

"Yeah I think we all did. Maybe Sensei knows who that is." I replied, following Kai, Jay not too far behind me. I hopped up onto Rocky who stretched his wings. "Let's just head back to the monastery." Kai and Jay both murmured agreements and climbed up onto Wisp and Flame.

As Kai and Jay took off, I stay back for a moment. "Who is he?" I muttered, before Rocky bolted off after the others.

[1058 words]