Part two: Are we alone yet?

Cole's POV

"You saw what?"

"We don't know what it was. This weird robed figure fighting the venomari." Kai explained. "They defeated all of them, pretty easily at that!"

"Hm. Maybe we'll see more of them. Back to training, you three." Sensei turned away from the three, arms behind his back. Sighing, I glanced at Kai and Jay before heading out to the main training area.

Sitting down on one of the steps, I leaned back on my hands. Kai turned on the training course and immediately started training. Jay sat down beside me, silent.
"What do you thinks up with that guy?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Dunno." Jay was quiet for a few moments before his face twisted in confusion. He looked up at me. "You think there are other people out there like us?"

"What do you mean?" Kai questioned, hopping off one of the pieces of equipment and walking over.

"We have elemental powers," Jay explained, now looking up at Kai. "So why not anyone else? Have you ever thought why we're special? Maybe we're not as unique as we thought we were. Maybe, we're not alone."

It's been months since we've heard of the robed guy. But as it's been months since we've seen him, it has also been months since there's been any sign of danger in Ninjago. Coincidence?

"Ugh, shopping. The worst thing we could be doing." Jay complained, loudly at that.
"Sensei's busy, and Nya always does it." Kai replies. "We only need a few things so we don't starve to death."

While the two chatted, I was staring off at one of the stalls in Jamanakai Village. There he was. Standing there. But this time he wore a long white cloak. Now that we were standing much closer, you could make out the finer details of him. He was decently tall, around 5'8? And he had whitish blonde hair, short that flicked up at the front. From the back, that was pretty much all you could tell about him. But it was unmistakably him.

Kai whistled and elbowed me in the side, making me snap out of it and glare over at him. "What do you want?"

"Someone's got the hots for Mr. Mysterious." He smirked, tone teasing. I scowled and punched his shoulder, walking off. I didn't hear footsteps behind me for a few moments, until they quickly followed.

"Why didn't you talk to him?" Kai asked, leaning back on the bench in the dining room. It was just the three of us there now. Sensei had gone off with Nya to some tea shop, leaving just us to mess around.

"Why do you care? He's just another person in Ninjago, no one important." I protested, crossing both arms and resting them on the table.

"How about the ice? How do you explain that?" Jay chimed in, looking over at me skeptically. I groaned.

"He's probably just some forestey guy, likes the wilderness and ice skating." I fired back, irritated. Why wouldn't they leave me alone about this? They could have talked to him also!

"But still, the ice was there. It was like, 60 degrees out. Ice doesn't form in that temperature." Kai butted in again, staring at me.

"Why do you two care so much?" I stood up abruptly, pushing the bench back with my legs, planting both hands on the table.

"Cole, He could be like us." Jay said in a serious tone. I looked over at him. His expression wasn't the usual joking, charming, it was stone cold. I slowly sat back down, eyes narrowed.

"But why wouldn't sensei tell us about it?" Kai asked, resting his chin on one hand.

"He hasn't told us a lot of things." Jay replied. "What's another one? Who knows, maybe we really aren't ninjas and he's tricking us!"

"That's not what's happened." I sighed, raising my eyebrows. "He, probably just had his reasons. IF that's even what's going on." I returned to a neutral expression, staring at the table.

"Let's just hope things get cleared up soon enough." I stood, stepping over the bench and walked out, leaving Kai and Jay in the dining room.

Jay's POV

Something's really up with Cole. He's been tense and looking at everything since we first saw the guy. I'm starting to think he's going crazy.

I sighed, burying my face in my hands, listening to the door slide shut behind Cole. Kai scooted over, patting my back. "It'll be alright. I'm sure Sensei will explain it." I could see out of the corner of my eye that he gave me a small smile before getting up and vanishing into the TV room.

Slowly sitting up, I stare at a framed photo of the three of us with Sensei and Nya on the wall.
"What if there's more of us out there?" I murmured quietly to myself. I stood and walked out, tired and confused.

[823 words]