Chapter 1

I'm sitting on my bed, earbuds in, while reliving my childhood pictures. The last few days have been hectic and emotional. Me and my mom have been packing all my things to move to college. My last years in high school flew by and I'm just now catching up with myself. I look at another picture, it's me and my two best friends when we were in ninth grade at a dance. I was only 4'11 and they were both 5'2, and so I wore 3" heels thinking it would make a big difference in my height. I laughed at the sight of me still standing up on my tippy toes and still being shorter than them.
"Kaisly" one of my best friends, Madison says while waving her hand in my face. I snap out of my daze and look at her. I pull my earbuds out before another song starts to play and roll my eyes playfully. She is glaring at me playfully and starts talking about our college plans.
"What are you planning on doing once we get there?" She asks.
"Well we definitely have to get our dorm together of course, then probably talk to Mat." I say knowing he would want to see us as soon as possible. Matthew is our other best friend and we met him in 6th grade when he wouldn't stop asking to kiss us. We were grossed out 12 year olds that knew nothing about that. We told him no and then he forced a kiss on us. His face flushed white and he ended up throwing up right on Madison's lap. We then told on him and he got into trouble and had to apologize straight to our face. The next day we asked him why he did it and he told us he wanted to make his crush jealous. We started hanging out every weekend and he had never told us about his crush until eight grade. We found him kissing a boy named Josh behind the bleachers of a football game. He then confessed everything to us in tears, and later that day we had a "girl's night".
"Yeah you're right. I can't even go a couple days without him bugging me about his boy problems." I say. Last week he saw Josh and got embarrassed. He then went into specific detail about how hot he was and the things he would do to him if he wasn't in a relationship.
" I know he was crushing on the barista at the coffee shop down the block and was complaining to me about how he never gets any." She says while gagging herself.
"TMI".
"Anyways, I thought he was supposed to be coming over for the next few days to sleep over." She said
"Nope!" I say popping on the 'p'. "He's got a hot date and I'm not about to be around for that aftermath." Shuddering at the thought of him making out with a guy in the same room as me.
"I still have to finish packing and I would've never gotten it done if he were around. His laziness rubs off on me I could be at work and he could convince me to leave with him to eat pizza and watch movies. It's happened before and I got fired the next day.
"Before you start distracting me I at least have to pack the rest of my clothes and furniture." I say as I turn on my Spotify premium. No Guidance comes on and we both sway our hips to the beat while moving the boxes that say Kaisly's tops. I watch Madison move slowly and sensually while she walks backwards down the stairs. She makes eye contact and suddenly slips on a silk top that fell out the box, she then proceeds to fall down the stairs, eyes wide and staring directly at me, expecting me to help her. I burst out into my ugliest laugh snorting, then I fall on my butt from the top of the stairs, butt bumping on every stair as I then fall right on top of her body at the bottom. Both of us hysterical while she starts gagging from laughing so hard. We both calm down and look up to see my dad at the front door smiling.
"I should've recorded that. We could've gone viral from that mess." He says picking up the box and moving it outside into my trunk.
After that dilemma with the help of my dad and Maddie, we moved all of my clothes and all of my furniture out of my room and into the three vehicles outside.
We weren't going to the college for two more days but I like to be extra prepared.
I remember when I was in 11th grade on my 18th birthday, I was planning to lose my virginity to my boyfriend of 2 years. So when we were in the process of doing it, I put two condoms on him just to make sure I wasn't getting pregnant. One of them ended up getting stuck in my vagina and I had to go to the hospital to get it taken out. My mom was laughing at me and made fun of me for 3 months after that. My dad couldn't even look me in the eye until I started joking about it. But after that situation my boyfriend ended up breaking up with me for a girl that worked at McDonalds. Even though it was extremely embarrassing, I still feel I should be extra prepared for anything.
It was only 7:00 now and me and Maddie were all out of ideas for what to do. My packing was done except for last minute things like my charger and toothbrush, etc.
I look at Maddie and say," I'm bored, I have no idea what to do." While faking yawning, I move my arm to do the worm. She catches this and sends a move back my way. We glare at each other as she says," Oh, you wanna go!?"
"Bring it." I say looking directly into her soul.
I turn the Xbox on, by the way don't come for me I got this Xbox for Christmas 4 years ago, and I put on just dance.
We start Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne and when I say we get heated, we get heated. I'm getting all perfects and we are doing the exact same thing but she is getting ok's and goods. By the end of the song we are on the ground wrestling over who got perfect on the finishing move. I'm sitting on top of her with my legs wrapped tightly around her waist pinning her hands down.
"Tap out!" I yell at her.
"Never!" She says with no mercy and struggling against my body.
"I didn't want to do this. But you leave me no choice!" I say bringing my hands up and then down to her sides tickling her.
I then feel her hands tap on my back twice, making me automatically stop saying," I knew it."
"Whatever, you got lucky. Go take a shower, you smell." She says blowing a raspberry at me. I then raise my arm up and smell under my arm throwing it back down quickly glaring at her. " Fine."
She begins laughing at me while I walk out of my room into the bathroom.
I get into the shower and start washing myself , then I start washing my hair.
I pour the shampoo in my hand. And something about it looks different but I can't put my hand on it. So I decide my mom probably bought a new kind and spread it in my hair. I rinse off and the start to dry off . I walk into my room and Madison isn't there. I ignore it and start getting dressed and brushing my hair. I noticed that my dark brown hair is sufficiently lightened into an almost brown to light brown ombré. She put lightener in my shampoo. I run into my sister's room and look around for Maddie.
"Where is she?" I ask with my eyes squinted.
She looks up at me from her phone bored and says," She said she had an emergency."
I go in my room to get ready for bed but not forgetting to give her a piece of my mind and texting her that I will get payback for this sooner or later. I then go to bed while planning my revenge in my mind. I grin evilly with my eyes closed and fall asleep peacefully knowing I'm getting her back.