Chapter 5

Talking to Liam has been interesting. He is a huge flirt, not that I mind, but it's weird having someone make corny jokes and getting compliments. By the time we get to Starbucks we are both smothering with laughter over a childhood story he had told me. We must look like mad men standing outside of Starbucks snorting with laughter.
   Once we calm down we both take a deep breath and I look at him and say," Ok, I don't know if you want to stay and wait for me. But if not that's fine, after this I have to head back. My friend Maddie is probably looking for me about now."
   Liam just smiles and says," There is no way you are getting rid of me that easily."
  I laugh and then we both walk into Starbucks. Liam takes a seat and just smiles while giving me a thumbs up. I walk up to the counter and tell the barista," I'm here to apply for a job."
He says," Ok, I'll ask you some questions, then I will give you an application."
    I give a polite smile and say," Ok."
"Ok", he says dragging the k, " Do you have any experience being a barista or fast food?"
"Yes actually, I used to work at a small coffee shop back in my hometown." I say.
    He writes it down on a paper and looks up while saying," Good. Are you fine with working in the evenings or having double shifts a couple days a week?"
   I nod my head and say," I can work evenings and I could do doubles. It just depends on the day. I have classes three times a week."
  He nods his head and writes once again," Ok, last question." He pauses and looks at me, slowly starting to smile," When could you start, if you get the job of course."
   I grin and say," Well", if I happened to get the job, I think I would be able to start Monday afternoon."
   "I can't promise 100% that you will get it. But I'm about 99.9% sure. Just grab an application, fill it out, then we will call you later." He says.
    "Got it!" I say while walking towards Liam.
I put on my best 'sad face' and look at him. His smiling face automatically drops and is replaced with a frown." You didn't get it did you?"
   I look down and say," I couldn't have done better." Then I look up at him and say," Which is exactly why I got the job!"
   He stands up and says," Wow that's great! You really fooled me."
"We should head back. Maddie has probably got the cops searching for me." I say rolling my eyes.
" Ok. Sounds great." He says giving me a bright smile.
———————————————————————-
" Are you crazy?! I thought you had gotten kidnapped. You could've been dead. Oh my gosh. Don't ever do that again. Jeez!" Maddie says yelling at me. Lucas just looking at her like she is a crazy person, which she is, but still.
"Is it really that big of a deal? I was bored here and needed a job." I say with a deadpanned look.
"Fine. I won't look for you next time." She says while pouting.
Now that she isn't acting like a psycho, Liam decides to come closer. Maddie turns to look at him, her eyes widen and she scans his face and body.
I roll my eyes and whisper to her," You can close your mouth, you know."
She glares at me then turns back to Liam to say," Hi, I'm Madison."
"I'm Liam", he says and smiles at her. She looks like she wants to tear him apart. Not in a fun way either, I mentally gag thinking about that.
"I should be going but, Kaisly let me give you my number." He says grabbing my phone.
"Sure, take my phone and give me your number," I say sarcastically.
Maddie blankly looks at me with her mouth slightly parted open. I just look at her and mouth 'what'. She just shakes her head at me.
"Ok, I'll be on my way. See you later Kaisly. Madison." He says then turning around and walking where we had just come from.
Madison automatically slaps me on the head while saying," How come all the hot guys like you?"
"He doesn't like me. We just met. And he only gave me his number because we are becoming friends." I tell her shrugging.
"Whatever. I can't wait until we can go to some parties. I need a good lay." She says in a nonchalant voice.
I just gasp at her. She's never been so blunt before. I say, " Oh my gosh, Maddie! I do not want to hear about the frequency of your sexual activity, please and thanks!"
She just rolls her eyes at me. After all that we decide to walk home and finish with the little details of our dorm and relax.
Before we got to the dorm we ate out and we grabbed a couple things from the store.
————————————————————————
When we get home me and Maddie lay down and watch Netflix on our TVs. In the middle of watching Lucifer I get a call. The name pops up and I immediately groan. How could I forget. I walk out the dorm and start walking on the sidewalk then answer.
"Hello" says Zeke.
"Hi." I responded.
"You never called. I kind of got worried." He says.
"Yeah, sorry about that. Me and Maddie had a busy day today. You know, getting everything ready and stuff." I say sighing.
"Ok. Just make sure that next time you text me to tell me that you are going to be busy, or that you can't talk." He says.
"I will. Anyways how has college been for you?" I ask him.
"Great. Classes are easier than I expected, and my roommate is cool. Never here, but cool." He says chuckling.
"Well Maddie is my roommate. I guess I'm just lucky. And I already made a friend." I tell him.
"Oh really. What are they like?" He says.
"His name is Liam, and he is on the football team here. He also helped me get a job at Starbucks." I tell him.
"Wow you have a job already. You must be doing good Kaze." He says.
"I guess you could say that." I respond.
"I have to go. I love you and I'll talk to you soon." He says.
"Ok, I love you too, bye." I say
After the phone hangs up, our phone call makes me wonder if he was jealous. He's not usually so abrupt. We stay on the phone for hours. I shrug off all of my negative thoughts and walk to a small store nearby. While walking out I bump into someone. I look up and squint my eyes. He looks familiar.
"It's you. From the mall?" He says.
"Gordon, right?" I say remembering him from a couple days ago," You go here?"
"Yup. And so does my brother" he says," Anyway I gotta go. See you around."
I walk home and get to my dorm. Maddie is sleeping. I take a quick shower and get dressed. I finish doing all of my night routine and crawl into bed, having the best sleep I have had in the last week.