Chapter 12

TWELVE

#Goodbye?

Luhan

I GULPED DOWN a glass of soju. I was not bothered by the news but by Maydine. I’m frustrated of what I saw. She was caught from the photos taken with Chanyeol. It really hurts. Parang sinabi niya na ring pinili niya si Chan over me. They went out just the two of them for a week and even hold hands.

Didn’t I make her heart flutter, even just for once? Did she even consider my feelings for her?

‘I think you have to stop drinking, Luhan. You’re already drunk.’ Pinigilan naman ako ni Dinnah habang hawak niya ang aking braso.

She was not strong enough to stop me from drinking but I still want more. Magsisimula pa lang at hindi pa rito natatapos. I’m still going to pursue her but it’s not time. But I’ll make sure of it before it’s too late. I think she put an endless curse on me. I fell for her, hard.

Bigla naman akong nakarinig ng doorbell mula sa labas. Baka si Manager Tan iyon but I’m not in the mood to talk if it’s about the news again. It’s so tiring.

‘Stay here. I’m going to open the door.’Dinnah volunteered and made her way towards the front door.

‘Where’s Luhan?’I heard a familiar voice from the living room. I was sure that it is her.

What’s happening? Bakit hindi siya pumupunta dito?

‘I’m sorry I’ll just go.’rinig kong boses niya. I miss her so damn, much.

Agad naman akong tumayo para puntahan siya. She was about to leave but it’s not too late.

‘L-Luhan?’

•••

Maydine

I'M SURPRISED when I learned that Dinnah is in his place. What is she doing here? Bakit kailangang nandito pa siya ngayong I already mustered enough courage to confess my feelings for Luhan? I finally decided to confess and admit that I liked him before I could go back to Philippines. I will be brave enough to accept the fact and I won’t push him to love me back like the way I do. If we’re really meant for each other, fate will find a way.

But I know from myself that I will not be able to go back here. My reason in the first place soon as I got here is about work because I didn’t expect that I’m going to love again. I was really grateful for Chanyeol. He lead me the way to Luhan. That’s why I went here. He’s a good friend.

I was practicing myself earlier soon as I get inside a taxi, kung ano ba iyong una kong sasabihin kay Luhan once na magkita na kami. I felt excited and nervous at the same time. I would probably apologize and bahala na si batman, kung paano ko sasabihin na gusto ko siya. Not just a love from a mere fan but more than that. I knew that it was love. Everyone already knew before I could realize that my feelings for him were true.

‘What are you doing here?’tanong niya sa akin.

‘Where’s Luhan?’I answered back with a question.

‘Why do you think I’m here at his place? Didn’t you know about us? What are you going to do?’ I knew that she was testing me.

Umurong ang dila ko. Maybe my confession is not important anymore. Alam ko na iyong fact na pinili ni Luhan si Dinnah makasama more than anyone else. What am I expecting? Alam kong Luhan would chose his first love. Ako lang naman ang kasi ang pumipilit at nag-aassume na baka kahit sa panaginip man lang ni Luhan ay nagustuhan niya rin ako.