Chapter 4: The Search for Hope

I had absolutely no idea where to start. There were so many planets in our galaxy, and so many galaxies in the universe.

My ship was good, but it wasn't great. I figured the farthest it would take me was on the borderlines of Mars and Venus, so I had no choice to search within that diameter.

~~~

After 3 months, I had managed to reach the outskirts of Venus, and there was no sign of the large mechanical deity. Traveling on its own was very time consuming and exhausting, as every planet had to be several light years apart from each other.

As I flew close to the surfaces of the moon and Venus, I realized creatures similar to those which had invaded Earth were also making their homes here. This worried me; they weren't only taking over our planet, but a big chunk of our solar system it seemed.

Where was the Traveler? Why wasn't he stopping this. My need for answers grew stronger as I resolved to continue searching.

~~~

Four months later and, unsurprisingly at this point, nothing. Where the hell was the Traveler. I was getting frustrated. What if he had really abandoned us?

There was a different race of monsters on Mars, they were much bigger, and seemed to have access to a large arsenal of technology. It seemed as if they're looking for something. I had nothing to fight these armies with, so I just kept going.

Venus also had an interesting race that I hadn't seen on Earth or the moon. These resembled robots, and kind of reminded me of Exo. There were some of them on Mars as well, and the two different races didn't seem to get along.

I found something else that seemed interesting, a big door of some kind. The robotic monsters seemed to be attracted to this door, but the Mars natives didn't seem to want to let them through.

This could be a clue. Probably a clue to where these monsters were coming from. Whatever it was, I couldn't get in there by myself. I needed to go back home and inform people about these creatures, and whatever was through that door.