Chapter 4: The Rathtars

"Don't tell me a Rathtar's gotten loose." Han said aloud, confusing me. What the hell is a Rathtar? Han started running towards the exit, the three of us following him.

    "Wait, what? Did you just say Rathtars?" Finn asked him incredulously. We followed him and Chewbacca out of the ship, running through the hangar of Han's freighter.

    "You're not hauling Rathtar's on this freighter are you?" Finn asked Han after he didn't answer him. We all stopped at a computer terminal, Han checking over a few things. I had my blaster ready, knowing that whatever a Rathtar was, it wasn't good.

    "I'm hauling Rathtars." Han told Finn. I opened my mouth to ask what a Rathtar was, but Han started talking again.

    "Great. It's the Guavian Death Gang. Must have tracked us from Nantoon." Han said, looking at Chewbacca. We all started moving again while Rey asked, "What's a Rathtar?"

    "I'd also like to know that." I spoke, raising my hand in the air.

    "They're big and they're dangerous." Han said simply. That doesn't help at all.

    "Ever heard of the Trillia Massacre?" Finn asked us.

    "No." I answered. All he said in response was, "Good."

    "How does that help me?" I asked him, earning an eye roll.

    "I got three of them going to King Prana." Han told us as we continued down the corridor.

    "Three? How'd you get them on board?" Finn questioned, sounding astonished. I really need to know what these things looked like.

    "I used to have a bigger crew." Han told him, making me gulp. Great, I love being surrounded by monstrous creatures.

    We stopped at a hatch that Chewbacca opened, Han saying, "Get below and stay there until I say so and don't even think about taking the Falcon." Han told us.

    "What about BB-8?"Rey asked him.

    "He stays with me until I get rid of the gang, then you can have him back and be on your way." Han explained, I gripped my blaster tighter in my hands, knowing I'm staying up here with Han. He might not like it, but he could use another gun if this goes south.

    "What about the Rathtars? Where are you keeping them?" Finn asked him. Suddenly, a large tentacle slammed against the window behind us. I jumped and aimed my blaster, but quickly lowered it when I realized it wouldn't be able to break through.

    "There's one." Han told him.

   "What are you going to do?" Rey questioned.

   "Same thing I always do. Talk my way out of it." Han said. Finn and Rey jumped down under the floor, but I stayed and closed the hatch above them.

   Chewie growled, making Han say, "Yes I do, every time!" He then looked at me and his eyes widened.

   "What are you doing?" He asked me, moving to open the hatch again.

   "You're gonna need another blaster if this goes south. Besides, you might need more than one pretty face to convince them to leave. And yes, I'm talking about you, Chewie." I joked, smirking at the Wookie. He growled out a laugh as Han sighed.

   "Don't say a word. And stand behind me." he told me. I did as told, my finger hovering over the trigger. We walked towards the end of the corridor, watching as the doors on the left of the corridor opened. A group of five gang members walked towards us, fully armored and carrying some pretty hefty blasters. The group parted, revealing a man with a very strange haircut. He did not look happy.