Chapter 1: The Droid

"Rey, please explain to me how this helps us at all with Unkar Plutt and his hatred for us?" I asked my best friend as we carried our scavenged parts back to our speeder.

   "These parts were worth three portions last week. We could have a day off, Lita." Rey explained, hoisting the parts into the net and attaching it to the side of the speeder.

   "Rey, knowing Unkar Plutt, he'll give us a half portion each just because he can. He wants us to stay here for the rest of our lives." I told the optimistic girl as I climbed onto the speeder.

   "My parents will be coming back, Analita. And when they do, I'll take you with me to find yours." Rey said. I only nodded, my hope for my parents gone.

   I never told Rey this, but I had this feeling in my chest that they were dead. It appeared one night, this feeling of emptiness. I had a nightmare where two figures were killed, and then I woke up with this feeling. I just told Rey it was a bad dream because she would never understand the truth. I don't even understand it.

*******

   After getting our half portion each from Unkar Plutt, Rey and I returned to our makeshift home in the desert. While she sat outside with an old rebellion fighter pilot helmet, I sat inside admiring my mother's locket. The only reason I knew my last name was because of this locket. The only thing I can remember my mother telling me was that my father gave it to her after they were married. Inside was the symbol of the rebellion as well as an etching of my parents engraved into the silver. She gave this to me before they left, telling me that as long as I had this then she and my father would always be with me.

   I closed the locket quickly and stood up after hearing Rey call my name. I rushed outside with my blaster and followed after the girl. As we ran, I could hear a disgruntled droid and the voice of Teedo.

   God, I hate Teedo.

   We found Teedo dragging a helpless droid in his net, trying to get it to cooperate. I rushed down the dune and started to cut open the net as Rey argued with Teedo. I pulled the net off of the droid, seeing it watching me intently. It seemed to be a new droid, in good working order. How did it end up here?

   It chirped up at me, thanking me for the help.

   "You don't need to thank me. That's just Teedo, wants you for parts. I personally can't stand him, so I'm happy to help." I told the little droid.

   "He has no respect for anyone." Rey added. I nodded at that and stood up, watching Teedo slowly leave us and head towards Niima Outpost.

   "Your antenna's bent." Rey said to the droid before kneeling down in front of it. She took the antenna out and straightened it as I asked, "Where do you come from?"

   The droid beeped excitedly, telling me that it was classified.

   "Classified, really? Us too. Big secret." I joked to the droid, earning a merry chirp from him.

   "Niima Outpost is that way. Stay off Kelvin Ridge. Keep away from the sinking fields in the North, you'll drown in the sand." Rey told the little droid as she picked up her staff and stood up. I waved goodbye to the droid before following Rey back to our camp.

   The droid beeped behind us, making me laugh. He wants to stay with us. I would gladly let him stay, but I know Rey will take some convincing. He's way too happy to be a First Order droid, so what's the harm?

   "No!" Rey told the droid. I turned around and saw him lower his head in sadness.

   "Come on, Rey. Just one night. We can take him where he needs to be tomorrow." I told my best friend, earning a sigh from her in return. She gave in.

   "Come on, buddy." I told the little droid, making him beep happily. He thanked us, making Rey say, "You're welcome."

AUTHORS NOTE

Here's the first chapter of my Star Wars story. I just went and saw Rise of Skywalker and I had this urge to write a Star Wars fic. I'll be using the idea of soulmates and soulmate marks (I call them soulmarks) in this story because I feel like it would be a cool addition to the already amazing series. 

Question- What do you think of Analita?

So yeah :)