Chapter 5: The Sabers

** italics mean visions **

   The terminal behind Rey beeped, bringing us out of our wonder-filled moment. Han walked towards it as Chewie spoke.

   "No, you rest." Han told him, earning grumbles of agreement from the Wookie. I smiled at their interaction. They must have been friends for many years.

   "You want my help? You're getting it. Gonna see an old friend, she'll get your droid home. This is our stop." He told us, pointing towards the cockpit. The three of us followed him, Rey taking the copilot's chair while Finn and I sat in the back. I was excited to see where we were going, seeing as I had never left Jakku since I was left there. I had no memory of past planets I might have lived on before my parents brought me to Jakku.

    Once we were out of light speed, I saw the amazing green scenery. I had never seen anything like it. I stood up and leaned forward to get a better look, my eyes never leaving the green trees and blue seas.

   "I never knew there was this much green in the whole galaxy." I uttered in wonder. This might be my new favorite place. I noticed Han looking at me, but I couldn't bear to take my eyes off of the view in front of me.

   As soon as we landed, Rey and I ran outside to get a better look around us. I was the first out of the Falcon, and immediately the fresh air filled my nostrils. The air on Jakku was dry and full of dust. The air here was fresh and clean. It filled me with energy.

   I looked towards Rey with a big smile, knowing she was enjoying this just as much as I was.

   "I'm sorry, but I'm never going back to Jakku after this. Now that I've seen trees, there's no going back." I told my best friend. Her smile faltered slightly. Does she still want to go back?

   "I know that you want to go back for your parents, but I don't think I can. I've had this feeling for a while now. Ever since that first night I had nightmares..." I trailed off, looking over at the lake ahead of us. My eyes stayed on the calm waters as I added, "This dull emptiness in my chest, like something is missing. I'm pretty sure it's the universe telling me that they're gone. And I'm finally ready to listen."

   I didn't even need to look when a hand clasped onto mine. I knew it was Rey. When either of us had no idea what to say to the other when they were in pain, we would just hold hands. Just to let the other know we were there.

   I squeezed her hand in thanks before letting go, letting my hand fall to my blaster holstered on my hip. I heard footsteps approaching, causing me to turn around and see who it was.

   Han stood on the other side of Rey, a spare blaster in his hand.

   "You might need this." He told the girl, holding the blaster out to her. Rey looked at it in amusement before she told him, "I think I can handle myself."

   "I know you do, that's why I'm giving it to you. Take it." Han replied, making me smile. Most people would never give a girl a blaster, that's why I always made sure I had my own.

   Rey took the blaster in her hand and aimed it out over the water. I took a step back just in case, not trusting the girl. The only time I let her shoot my blaster, she almost killed me.

   "You know how to use one of those?" Han asked her. He looked at me briefly as I shook my head no, almost making him laugh.

   "Yeah. You pull the trigger." she replied simply. I reached around Han and lowered her arm as I said, "A little more to it than that."