Chapter 18: Easier To Control A Situation You Aren't In

"Girl get this damn phone away from me." Chelle tossed my phone to me.

I asked her to hold it in her purse while we shopped since I didn't bring one. We were currently transitioning between stores in the mall on a search for our dresses. I voted out ordering online because I just don't trust it. Michelle may be thin enough to take a chance, but I'd rather not hurt my own feelings by waiting on dress that won't pass my thighs.

"I told you to hold it!"

"Yea well that was before it started having convulsions." She took the chance to walk ahead of me while I checked my phone.

Several missed calls and texts from 2 specific idiots.

"Has Jamar reached out to you?"

"Yea, he wasn't in it so I gave in pretty quickly to be honest. He runs a good bargain."

"Speaking of good Bargains..." I snuck up behind her before walking beside her. She rolled her eyes when she recognized where I was going with this.

"Don't." She smiled.

See I know my friend. She may act all big and bad, but I know Jamar gives her butterflies and as much as she loves it she hates it.  She's always been more of a relationship coach than a team player and I understand. It's easier to control a situation you're not in.

"Did he ask yet?"

Her eyes rolled before centering on me, "No."

I pouted before looking in disgust but she quickly stopped my upcoming rant by holding her palm up.

"Don't start! Nu uh, I have a feeling he's gonna do it today anyway."

"And why is that?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Because, we're going on a date after this."

"AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!?!" My voice came out in a harsh whisper.

"Girl, its not that serious." She waved it off, he's only asking me to a school dance, it's not a wedding.

"Chelle." I stopped her before we turned into the next shop. "Stop downplaying the things that make you happy, you deserve them and should never feel bad about being happy over small things."

"I know, I know. I just don't want to make a big deal out of anything," She continued walking and began checking the racks so I followed suit, "If I make a big deal out of it and it doesn't happen then I'm only gonna be disappointed."

"If he's a disappointment then he isn't the one, therefore he should be dropped. Plus, you and I both know that if he doesn't do it you'll still be disappointed. You just don't want others to know he disappointed you, and I totally understand that. You deserve the best and you deserve a wonderful dance-posal."

"Thanks sis, this has been fun, back to shopping?"

"Um no, what are y'all doing for this lil date?" I cut her lil plan to end the conversation.

"Would you believe me if I said I don't know?" She spoke while focusing on a beautiful blue velvet dress.

"Holy shit, that's gorgeous and would look soooo good on you. And NO, no I wouldn't believe you, but try that on." I pointed into the direction of the dressing room as Chelle pulled the dress off the rack and began walking in that direction.

I followed, but when she went in to change I stayed outside by surrounding racks looking for something pretty and red. I came across plenty of beautiful red dresses. A lot were big, poofy, and extravagant. I wanted something more on the elegant side.

I'd wandered a bit before I found it. It was a thin simple satin red dress and was exactly what I wanted.

"Rose!" I heard from the side of the store that I'd left Chelle on.

I snatched the dress from where it was and quickly made my way over to her. Her eyes briefly skimmed over me, then hit the dress.

"Oooooo" She began.

"Damn ma, You wanna give me your number?" I flirted.

"Oooo, ya want it?" She started to pose.

"Hell yea." I joked before we both practically fell over in laughter.

"Your turn, go try that one on." She pointed at the dress and I nodded before we both walked to the changing rooms.

I stared at myself in the mirror before walking out. I liked how it accentuated my body type. I looked thick and all.

"Girl C'mon I have places to be!"

I laughed before I walked out and twirled for my friend.

"Get it." She commented. In an 'I love it' and also 'hurry the hell up' way.

"You're lucky this is the one or else I'd be on your ass about rushing me." I twirled one last time before going to the change room.

Chris POV

Mari all in my phone asking what happened when the girl I actually give a damn about is ignoring me. The shit wasn't even my fault. Her do-boy got mad over his daddy issues and took it out on me which is highly annoying. I really been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but the boy is getting on my last nerve.

Mar decided to bring me to the food court to chill out and enjoy some food. It's not working.

"I'm kinda feeling some icecream." He suggested while standing up.

"I'm Not."

"Get the stick out ya ass."

"Nah, homie Issa glock on my side."

"Not funny dumbass, you sound like Keith."

"Ooo you thought that would hit didn't you?" I snarled... it did.

"Nah, If I wanted to hurt you I'd know exactly what to say." He slouched back into his seat. I pressed my back into mine before taking another sip of the throat-killing sprite.

"On another note tho, I actually have some plans."

"When?" I sat up, turning towards the burger I ordered.

"In like 5 minutes."

I paused for a second. "You know you drove me here right?"

"Yea, I gotchu a ride." He smirked as he made eye contact with somebody across the food court.

"The fuck you mea-" I turned in that direction and saw Michelle and Rose walking this way. Michelle looked mad as hell and Rose looked everywhere but me.

How another dude put ME in the doghouse with HIS girl.

"I probably didn't think this through.." Jamar slouched and started drinking his drink like a dumb ass kid.

--------

Oops? Enjoy!