Chapter 8: I Gave It A Name

Chris POV

"So what you wanna get into today?" Jamar rolled down the window as we left my crib.

"I got some business I need to handle with Shad but after that we can hit up a party that Russell having."

"For fun or for business?"

"Both." I sighed as my grip tightened on the wheel.

Rose was right. I did used to hate this shit but I'm used to it now. It's me now. I know I can be something without it but getting out is not a option right now. I don't even know where to start that whole process... maybe with her?

"Slow down before we BOTH die."

I pressed the gas harder on the empty street... just to be bothersome.

—————

"Wassup homie." Shad dapped me when I approached him.

"Where ya damn shirt?" I joked.

"It's hot.." He swiped at his chest.

I could relate there. I usually wore a hoodie but it was too hot for that shit so this white Tee would have to work.

"Aye man I talked to Antonio, he said we gotta go hit this lick together." Shad started walking towards my car.

"Where is it?" I follow and get in the driver's side.

"Ima show you..." He starts giving directions to the crib.

—————

We reached the crib and I told Shad I'd wait in the car. He nodded and went in to collect the bag. He stayed in a little longer than usual so I prepped to go in. I heard some rustling and some shit breaking so I hopped out the car and ran towards the door. When I looked in I saw Shad and a dude fighting and I'm guessing the dudes friends were watching it.

I walked over and pulled ole dude back making his friends stand up.

"Y'all don't wanna do all that." I glanced over at them and nodded towards the door. This make them think I got back up. Shad dumb ass try to lunge at the dude in my arms and I had to push dude out the way and grab his damn shoulder.

"Go outside."

He looked like he wanted to argue but I don't have time for that shit. I rose my eyebrows and he glanced at the people in the room before leaving.

"Aye look, We just wanted to get our shit and go. Ion know what the fuck he on but I ain't tryna be in it. Just gimme the shit so I can go."

"Nah, I think we'll keep it." This wanna-be boss looking dude said.

I chuckled and looked away before stepping closer.

"I know ya boss dude, I don't want bad blood so I'ma tell him how this went down if you cause me any problems. Go get my bag."

He glared at me before getting up and getting the bag from the dude in the corner and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I gave a cocky smile as I left out the trap.

While riding in the car I couldn't help but see what the hell happened.

"Now dude. What the hell did you get into?"

"They tried me dude."

"I don't give a damn. We don't do shit like that. You coulda fucked everything up man."

"I know, I don't need you yelling at me and shit. I know what I did."

"Aight. Hope you know you ain't riding with me no more."

It was silent when I dropped him off. Honestly I didn't even wanna chill with Jamar, I was still pissed. I texted his phone at a red light and started to go to the crib.

I pulled in and went in the house.

"Sup BOI!" I smacked my lil brother, Eric, dead in the middle of his forehead.

"You play too much." He grumbled in the living room as I passed.

Bothering him was one of the few things that could make me smile. I honestly love messing with my fam. Especially my moms. She just make it so easy. She don't love the shit that I'm into so she take every chance she get to tell me about myself but I don't mind. I listen because she just want the best for me and I can't nor do I want her to stop that. Knowing she still care, despite this trash lifestyle I live is really too gracious. She swear up and down every other month she gon kick me out. I'll wait.

I get to my room and turn up the stereo before taking off my shirt, laying in the bed and throwing a old tennis ball towards the ceiling. This is how I think. It's calming.

30 mins in and I have a notebook in my hand jotting down poems, ideas, lyrics, quotes, memories, whatever fits.

"In the darkness of the night I still see the light,
It holds me. So close, so tight.
I want to let it go. I want to be free
But it is relentless, forever holding me.
Hope? Is that you?
It's beauty is so true.
It's strength no one truly knows
I gave it a name. I call it Rose."

"Aye punk." I'm yanked out of my thoughts.

"What, lil dude."

"Somebody at the door." He holds a devilish smirk.

"You got up. Walked to the back. Opened my door. And spoke to me about somebody being at the door. When you were at the front." I used my hands to elaborate on the point I was making.

"YEP, next time keep ya hands to ya self. Go get the door." He closed my door and I heard small, quick steps to his room. The lil punk ran.

I closed the notebook and sat it on the dresser before walking out of my room. I hit Eric door hard as hell, hoping to make him jump as I passed.

"Who is it?" I ask as I approached the door.

"Me."

I opened the door and looked down at her figure.

"What you doing here? How ya get here?" I ask her and look outside to see if any identifiable cars could be seen.

"I walked and umm.. to be honest, I don't know."

"Well come in so you can figure it out."

She always welcome here.

+—————+

Nuff said?

(Late post I know. Y'all still love me. *kisses*)