T W O

SURPRISE! Chapter 2

I wasn't going to post it so soon but I wanted you all to read it.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

The hut was on fire in front of her and the heat reached all the way to the other side of the village. The small house that she had called home for so long was up in flames, set ablaze in the middle of the night. The thatched roof was falling apart making it look like liquid fire was leaking from the roof. The flames were so bright you could barely tell it was night time. Her face was burning from the fire and from the anger she was feeling. She heard screaming from beyond the crate she had crouched behind. It was her sisters, both of them being dragged away by Stormtroopers. She watched as they slowly were taken away, the older one by her hair and the other was in the Stormtroopers arms. She was just a baby.

"Catalina! Atilla!" she cried.

They got further and further away. She didn't know what to do and if she did, she would be too scared to actually do anything. They dragged them behind the trees in the darkness where only the glow of the fire reflected on the Stormtroopers white armour.

Laesy shot her eyes open with a fright. She was drenched in her own sweat from the nightmare. Panic arose inside when she looked around and realized she was inside a ship. This wasn't her ship, not that she had a ship. The walls were all grey with a slight ribbed texture. There were only a couple shelves in the wall and a bed that took up almost the entirety of the room. There was only a narrow passageway on the left side for some one to barely squeeze by. Laesy tried to sit up using her arms but fell back down to the bed unable to put any weight on her left arm. She let out a cry of pain that she tried to muffle with her other hand as to not draw any attention.

What happened? Where am I?

Laesy laid back down and tried to remember what happened last but the only memory she had was of the Mandalorian shooting. Had she been taken captive by the enemy and was now on their ship travelling across the galaxy.

Was it the Mandalorian that took me captive?

Captive was a strong word. She was not bound in cuffs or rope. Just in a room, in a nice bed. They wouldn't give a prisoner a bed, let alone medical aid. She winced when she rolled onto her left shoulder and sat up. She reached up to feel what had been done to her arm. It was skillfully wrapped in a white cotton bandage. Her blood began to seep through and soak the outside of the bandage and it needed to be changed now.

Abruptly, the door slides open. She nearly jumped out of the bed and reached for her blaster, but it wasn't there. She frantically searched for it quickly before returning her attention to the door. Laesy tried to push herself up from the bed but winced again and tumbled back down again. She didn't try and get up again, but just laid there and sighed.

"You" she said after adjusting to get more comfortable. It was the Mandalorian. He said nothing as he stepped further into the small room.

So, he had captured me. Once again captured being the wrong word.

She eyed him as he cautiously approached her. The girl noticed that she was probably in his room and immediately became hyper aware. Her eyes flickered back to him and he was now only a few steps away from the bed waiting. She wasn't sure what he wanted but once he gestured to her shoulder, she sat up slowly trying to avoid pain and scooted to the foot of the bed to make it easier for him.

"Did you do this?" she asked, both asking if he'd bandaged her up and if he shot her as she couldn't remember clearly.

"It needs to be changed" the Mandalorian replied in his husky voice inside his helmet. His voice modulator only made him sound more intimidating but Laesy enjoyed it.