3 | Hate

Lisa | Hate

Flashback:

A week before the unfortunate incident:

"Lisa you're grandpas on the phone!"

I smiled, "okay!" I look over at the computer screen, "I'll call you right back Nini," I said. Her feline eyes squinted and the corners of her lips tugged upwards which sent my heart into a frenzy.

"Okay! Say hi to grandpa  for me!" She said before ending the call. Jennie and my grandpa always had a good friendship. But when we were younger, Jennie absolutely hated him. She was jealous over the fact that she wasn't my only best friend. She used to call him her mortal enemy.

That was until he saved her from choking on a piece of candy.

"Hi old man!" I teased. He chuckled through the phone,

"Hi monkey, I miss you. What have you been up to?" He asked.

"Just the usual. School and hanging out with Jennie like always."

"Jennie huh?" I blushed at his tone. His damn teasing tone. He knew of my feelings for Jennie and always gave me advice. Advices that I'd never —COULD never follow through with. Call me a coward, but I just can't stand the idea of Jennie leaving me for what my heart feels.

"Stop," I whined out. Grandpa started laughing through the phone, but hearing that contagious laughter turning into a coughing fit, I grew worried. "Are you okay?" I asked. I hold my breath as his coughing subsiding followed by a slight pant and clearing of a throat.

"Yeah I'm fine." He replied breathlessly. I knew he was lying and I knew he knew I wasn't convinced with that lie but both of us never enjoyed conversations that dealt with his health. Especially when it was the same sickness my grandma passed away with.

"Remind me again why you and Jennie aren't together yet?" He asked, completely diminishing the tensed atmosphere that grew. I rolled my eyes with a small grin,

"Remind me again why you won't stop asking me that?"

"Because I know what's best for you and that girl is the one. Trust me." He stated as if he just solved all my questions that concerned my love life. I chuckled and shook my head in disbelief.

"You're ridiculous."

"And you're in denial. Believe me when I say that you and Jennie are meant to be."

I raised my eyebrows in amusement, "How do you know that?" I asked.

"Because the way you two look at each other was the same way your grandma and I looked at each other before I asked her to be mine." I grew silent. As much as I wanted to believe something like that could actually happen to Jennie and I, it just didn't sound real. Especially with the way she's been acting.

"I don't think that's possible. She's grown distant with me and she unfortunately has a boyfriend."

He chuckle, "That didn't stop me from getting your grandma."

"Grandpa!" I tried to stay serious but his laughter, like I said before, was just too contagious. I chuckled and shook my head, ready to give him a witty reply till he spoke up.

"Can you promise me something Lisa?"

I playfully rolled my eyes with the way he abruptly changed the subject. "Promise what?" I asked.