chapter ten.

CHAPTER TEN.

sky heard a car revving outside, and saw headlights beaming through the front window

sky heard a car revving outside, and saw headlights beaming through the front window. max slapped her arm. they both knew who it was. fuck. this can't happen right now.

the two sisters sprinted towards the living room windows. sky peaked through the blinds, and saw his car. "it's billy." max informed.

steve began to walk towards the door. "i'll deal with this." he demanded.

sky stopped him in his tracks. "what do you think you're doing? he'll kill you." she snarled.

steve shoved past her shoulder, and walked out the front door towards billy. sky ran back to the window where all the kids were glaring outside. she watched billy and steve hashing it out, and then billy pointing at the window. "we're so fucked." sky yelled.

sky jumped in front of the kids, as the door slammed into the wall. "sinclair." billy snarled, before running into lucas.

sky watched as billy pounded in lucas' face. i'm so done with his shit. she gripped onto billy by the back of his shirt. "billy! stop! you're just like dad!" she yelled.

billy whipped his whole body around, and swung his fist right into her face. "you're dead, sky." he spat.

sky watched steve pull billy away from her through her hazy vision. "no, you are!" steve yelled, as he punched billy right in the face.

sky felt someone struggling to pick her up. she looked up to see dustin trying to hold her up. "dustin." she whispered, as she closed her eyes.

❈ ♡ ❈

sky squinted, as she tried to get used to the street lights beaming through the windshield. "where's max!" she screamed.

"she's fucking driving!" steve yelled back.

sky wandered her eyes around, as all of the kids glared at her and steve. she caught a glimpse of max's red hair in the driver's seat. "what the fuck are you doing!" she yelled.

"stop the car!" steve yelled.

max turned around. "shut up! i'm trying to focus!" she demanded.

"just stop!" steve yelled.

"it's alright! she's driven before!" dustin yelled.

sky leaned forward, inching closer to the front seat. "stop the goddamn car! max! i swear to god!" she demanded.

max slammed on the breaks, causing sky to almost land on lucas in the passenger seat. "we're here. perfect timing." lucas giggled.

sky shoved dustin out of the car. "what the hell is this?" she looked around the rotting pumpkins in the dark field. this just keeps getting weirder.

"are you crazy!" steve yelled.

mike rolled his eyes. "we have to go in." he snarled.

sky threw her hands up in the air. "we were told to keep you guys safe, and now you are trying to kill yourselves!" she screamed.

dustin glared at the older teenagers. "then keep us safe!" he demanded.

sky paced around, as the kids and steve put gear on so they are fully prepared to go down there. she sighed, and grabbed a helmet to wear, but steve stopped her hand. "no, you are staying up here." he demanded.

she ripped the helmet out of his hand. "what! no! did you hear what dustin just said! we both have to keep them safe!" she snarled.

steve rolled his eyes. "well if we both go down there, and die. who will take care of them, then?" he questioned.

"i have to stay with my sister!" she pleaded.

steve bent down closer. "i mean it, skylar!" he yelled, causing sky to stay silent. the only person that she ever let call her that was her mother.

max gasped. "she doesn't let anyone call her that." she whispered.

sky threw the helmet into his hands. "you better keep my little sister safe, or i will kill you, and i mean that too." she snarled.

steve nodded, and walked towards the hole in the ground. sky shoved past the other kids, and held onto steve's hand. "please don't die down there." she begged.

steve leaded the kids in to the ground. "i love you, max!" her yell echoed throughout the hole.

sky paced around the hole, waiting for them to come back, and everything to be perfect. she couldn't lose steve, or her sister. she just couldn't. it would ruin her.

a roar echoed throughout the field, so sky laid down on the ground and tried to peak down the hole. "go! go! go!" she heard steve screaming.

sky's heart lurched. "hurry up! guys! hurry the fuck up!" she screamed.

sky caught the glimpse of red hair, so she grabbed max's hand and pulled her up. then lucas, and mike. "where's steve!" she screamed.

max grabbed sky's arms. "he's still down there. it will be okay, though. he's got this!" she tried to calm her older sister down.

sky shoved max's shoulder, and jumped towards the hole. she peaked down, and watched the dogs run right under them. "steve! dustin!" she screamed.

a moment later, steve's hand reached out for sky. "help me! goddamnit!" she demanded the kids.

the kids helped pull steve up. he stood up, and mud ran down his legs. she jumped into his arms. "thank god." she whispered.

"guys!" dustin yelled, so the two teenagers looked down at the bright light coming from the hole. the hole began to close back in, leaving just rotting pumpkins in a field.

( 897 words )

authors note.

two more chapters left!
sorry this sucked!