50

Harry and I rush through the busy streets of New York City, his hand tightly wound in mine as he leads me down the street

Harry and I rush through the busy streets of New York City, his hand tightly wound in mine as he leads me down the street. We're getting closer and closer to the courthouse, the place where we'll be finalizing our marriage today. We couldn't be more excited and ready, prepared to finally take the leap.

"Your dad is arriving soon, right?" I ask him as we scurry, just making sure that every one we want there will be there. It was all late notice, but Harry's dad had said he wouldn't miss it, not for anything. He hopped on the earliest flight, and so he should be here in just a few minutes.

"His plane should land in just under thirty minutes," Harry says, his eyes looking behind at me for a moment. We stop on the sidewalk once we come to a crosswalk, the light still red. We have time, all the time in the world in fact.

Harry and I decided on inviting just a few people, a group of people that we both wanted at our wedding. Liam and Kristina were a given, our two closest friends and marriage experts. When we called them the both of them cried, and I could tell that Kristina was smiling ear-to-ear in the line.

We also invited my dad and Harry's, both of them immediately RSVPing for the event. My dad cried through the line when I called him, continually telling me he always knew. Dad knew that we'd end up this way before anyone else could.

"I can't believe that after today I will always get to come home to you," Harry wraps his arms around me and lifts me up. He spins me around in our love, my mind practically hazy with it all. This is going to be the best day of my life, the day that starts it all.

"I can't believe that we're going to be married!" I squeal, people in the street stopping to look at Harry and I. We are dressed in our wedding outfits, something not fancy at all, but rather something that means so much more to me. It's the dress I wore when I fully fell in love with him when I firmly knew it was just him and I forever.

"I'm ready when you are," Harry says, pulling me along with him. I smile at him, my heart full of joy and warmth. I'm exactly where I need to be, no regrets and no second-guessing. I was a fool to ever assume that it could've ever ended differently, that Lily could've been his and Corey could've been mine. That was all fake and wasted time, but now we're here with the sole purpose of just loving each other.

"Let's do the damn thing." Harry laughs along with me, the smile on his face only growing wider. We cross the street, too giddy for our own good in all honesty. Who can blame us though? We're about to get married and no one can dampen our mood.

The sun shines down on the city today, the weather perfect for a wedding. Even the baby has been kicking all morning, ready for us to get married and be her living parents. She's ready for us, and we're ready for her to come in the next few months. There'll be no uncertainty for her, and that's all I could've ever wished for.

We finally make it to the courthouse, Harry and I walking in hand-in-hand. Lucky for us, not many people are getting married in the courthouse today. It's just us and a couple before us, all of the waiting and anticipating soon to be over.