Chapter 5.

I woke up with the yelling of "Land Ho!",as it rang out through the ship. Ben was fast asleep,so I cracked the door open,only to see it was still dark out. I saw Edward smiling at the land he lead us to. It seemed to be active;there were curious people looking at the ship,homes were awake,and clothes were strung on lines. "Where are we?"I asked Edward."We reached the Bahamas,Madeleine. After almost 8 months,we made it,"he replied,tearing up a bit. I congratulated him,then went to the room to tell Ben the wonderful news. 

I took Ben's hand and lead him to this mysterious land,as we stared in astonishment. The people were very kind;they offered us into their homes with every kind of rare,exotic fruit. Edward and a crew member were walking towards a temple nearby. As the usual curious person I was,I secretly followed,but Ben grabbed my arm. "Don't,"he said,and tugged me back. He took me into an abandoned house,when he slammed me against the wall and started kissing me. I returned the favor,but I wanted to see what was so important about the temple. I laid next to Ben on the warm grass and asked him about the temple. "There's an important artifact in it,"he said,looking away. Suddenly,he shot up and went running towards the temple in a hurry. I ran after him,calling to him,but he ignored me. He climbed the temple,only to be kicked off in a split second. He landed in a nearby shrub,his arm bruised and bleeding. I looked up,and saw Edward,with a gun pointed right at him.