Chapter 2.

I walked onto the deck,the smell of seaspray wringled around me. I found Ben talking to a blonde man,with whiskers,and wearing a robe with all sorts of weapons. He seemed drunk in some way;the way he moved,and he was holding a jug or rum. I walked over to him,as the blonde haired man smirked at me. Ben turned and smiled. "Did you get good sleep,my darling?"he asked,holding my hands. The other man came walking over and put a hand on his shoulder. "Ah,young love."he said,pushing Ben aside,and bowing at me. "The name is Edward Kenway,"he said,his rum spilling all over the floor. "Shouldn't you be steering,captain?"Ben said,rolling his eyes. Edward laughed,and walked away to the wheel,and spun it a few times. "We should reach the Carribean in a few days,lassie,"he said. "The Carribean? But I have to go to New York!" I said,slumping. Ben put his arm around my shoulder. "Don't you want to know what a pirate's life is all about?" Ben said,smiling. I stormed off to my room and slammed the door.

About an hour later,there was a knock on my door. Before I could even answer,the person barged in. Ben came in and sat next to me on the bed. "Don't worry,Madeleine,we'll get you to New York soon. But we need the supplies waiting at the Carribean islands. Besides,it's beautiful there! The water is clear and blue,and there's all sorts of exotic plants and all that jolly stuff!"he assured me. I turned and faced him,looking into his eyes. Then,out of nowhere,he gave me a kiss on the cheek. We started laughing,as we rolled off the bed in a heap. He grabbed my hand,and pulled me up. He kissed me,untying my hairbow. We laid there,holding hands,as he told me about these strange people known as Assassins and Templars,and how they were bitter rivals,each wanting to over-rule the world in such way. Ben told me that Edward was an Assassin,but he also told me how his son,Haytham,is a Templar,and had been a disgrace to the Kenway family for years. I asked Ben which one he was,but just as I did,the ship shook violently. Ben oened the curtain,and yelled,"We're under attack!"