December mornings

Byeongkwan wakes up warm, the overwhelming smell of fading cologne, dust, and warm sun rays invading his nose all at once. He lifts his head up, blurry eyes taking in the now much brighter bus and the early morning light that shines through the few unblocked windows.

He turns his head to the side, eyes landing on a still sleeping Sehyoon, whos chest raises and falls in slow intervals. The soft glow of light beems on his cheeks and over his nose, making him seem even softer than normal.

a breath away from angelic, although Byeongkwan already considered him one of the ethereal beings, his guardian even.

His ground, his new light and focus. Sehyoon was his dream, turned future.

Byeongkwan doesn't feel like a creep, watching as Sehyoon breaths in relaxed intervals. He felt too at peace, warm in his chest but not burning for once.

One of Sehyoons hands is rested on his stomach, the other most likely numb from Byeongkwan using it as a pillow for god knows how long now. Nails painted a chipped black color, a freedom Byeongkwan didn't have, like many he wished for.

Byeongkwan finds himself lifting his own hand to hold onto the others hand, absently picking at the remaining nail polish, little black flakes of paint collecting under his own nails like ugly french tips.

there's a muffled laugh near his head, startling him a bit.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing!"

"are you scrapping the paint off of my finger nails?"

"N-No!"

Byeongkwan pushes himself up, not even caring that he pushes all of his body weight onto Sehyoons stomach as he uses the hand that had caused the whole situation to lift himself up, the older of course yelps and curls into himself in pain.

The blonde stretches, bones and joints  popping with each movement, and looks down at Sehyoons curled up body.

"You okay?"

there's a muffled response that makes Byeongkwan tilt his head a bit in confusion.
"Repeat that?"

Sehyoon groans loudly, sitting up and glaring at the standing boy.
"I said, that's not a way to treat your boyfriend"

"B-boyfriend?"
Byeongkwan stutters out, face heating up as his eyes widen.

Sehyoon just blinks up at him, glare softening up in a second and a small smile pulling at his lips.
"I mean...if you want?"

Byeongkwans chest is burning, but it's comforting now, reminds him that's he's actually on Earth and not the afterlife. He darts his eyes away, clearing the roses from his throat.
"oh...um yeah sure...cool?"

Their packing up their left over snacks when Sehyoon suddenly stops, freezing in his spot as he grips his phone in his hand. Byeongkwan who had been standing next to him notices and frowns.