Chapter 10: Reflection

Claudia's POV

Clio apologizes to me constantly, no matter how many times I tell her that I'm fine. At least now I am. Before, I felt awful. Something like this was bound to happen though. Like most pills, they have side effects. Noela doesn't acknowledge Clio with all her worrying. She digs into the closet, takes out a shopping bag, and hands it to me. "You don't have to worry, I made sure that they were your size, down to the undergarments." She winks at me. I look in the bag expecting a wild sexy outfit, instead, I find my kind of outfit. How was she able to pick this out for me? When Lexy shopped for me she always tried to get me to wear what she wore. It never worked out. Noela sees my reaction. "I knew you would like it. It was a challenge to find the right attire for you. Hardly any color patterns at all." I take out the shoes and was mesmerized by them. "Maverik helped pick them out. Strange how you two have similar tastes." I keep staring at the shoes. "Do you still want to go out?" Noela asks. I almost forgot, before my reaction I was looking forward to leaving the cabin, but now I wasn't. Is it wrong that despite my limited living time, I still want to lie in bed? My head was hurting terribly.

"Noela, can you help me in the kitchen. Some dishes need washing?" I knew what Clio was doing. She knew I wanted to be alone. "I thought we had a dishwasher?" Noela hasn't caught on. Cliō grabs her hand and leads her out of the room then closes the door behind them. I fall back to sleep, hopefully when I wake up my head be hurting as bad. "Claudz—Claudz. Don't waste the precious time you have left. Live it." Funny, I could have sworn I heard a voice, must be another side effect.

6 hours later

Outside the window, I see the outline of trees and the night sky. Someone softly knocks at the door. "Claudia?" Cliō calls out. "Are you hungry? Would like me to make you something? Or would you like to eat out?" Eating out sounds like a great plan, I needed to get out of this cabin. The sooner the better. "I'll be out in a minute." 

"Take your time." She says. I get out of bed, and head to the bathroom. I rinse my face and stare at myself in the mirror. Most people use a mirror to check themselves out. A mirror can also be used to see how you see yourself. In my case, broken. Even though I'm no longer in that godforsaken place, it still haunts me. I hate that they still affect me this way, I wanted it to stop. While holding onto my hair, I open a drawer and take out a pair of scissors. I move the scissors closer to my hair and cut. I keep on cutting. Pulling my hair viciously as I cut. Perfect.